thursday cooking sausages with fast neutrons

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,347
    MattFalle said:

More likely to get squeaky brake if you mess. Are they squeaky now? If so IPA or some sort of solvent that doesn't leave any residue. Thinners would work.

front is front, back squeaky.......

will go and pull some massive skids on it and see what happens.
    Find a 1 in 4.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,149
    pinno said:

MattFalle said:

More likely to get squeaky brake if you mess. Are they squeaky now? If so IPA or some sort of solvent that doesn't leave any residue. Thinners would work.

Find a 1 in 4.
    ^ this

Not 3 in 1 though, has the opposite effect
  • pinno
    thistle_ said:

pinno said:

MattFalle said:

Find a 1 in 4.
    ^ this

Not 3 in 1 though, has the opposite effect
    Discs work even when going backwards surely?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,324
    pinno said:

...some sort of solvent that doesn't leave any residue...

Like brake cleaner.

No, car brake cleaner leaves an oily residue. Car brake discs are made of cast iron and rust instantly if left clean. So car brake cleaner leaves a light oily residue. Cars are heavy and the brakes are powerful enough to burn through this. Bicycles are not as heavy, the brakes are not as powerful and the discs don't rust. So #DONOTUSEFUCKINGCARBRAKECLEANERONBICYCLEBRAKESUNLESSYOUAREATWAT.
  • pinno
    edited December 2021

#DONOTUSEFUCKINGCARBRAKECLEANERONBICYCLEBRAKESUNLESSYOUAREATWAT.

You cannot leave an oily residue on brake discs because that would be dangerous.
    From Wiki:

"Brake cleaner, often also called parts cleaner, is a mostly colorless cleaning agent, mainly used for cleaning the brake disks, the engine compartment and underfloor of motor vehicles. An important feature is that the brake cleaner leaves no residue after the solvents evaporate."

"Does chlorinated brake cleaner leave a residue?
    Chlorinated brake cleaners contain powerful solvents like tetrachloroethylene (also known as perchloroethylene or PERC), methylene chloride, and other organochlorines. This top-shelf heavy hitter cleans parts fast, dries quickly, and leaves no residue."

"Does CRC brake cleaner leave a residue?
    Chlorinated formula quickly removes brake dust, brake fluid, grease and other contaminants from all types of brake systems including ABS. Superior cleaning and fast evaporation. Leaves no residue."

"Does brake cleaner completely evaporate?
    Brake cleaner is made up of chemical compounds that evaporate as they dry, leaving no residue behind and dissolving grease for perfectly clean brakes. Because of this property however, it's also great for removing grease and oil from other automotive parts too."

"Brake cleaners are primarily used in the degreasing and wiping of metallic areas of car parts, excluding painted surfaces or other chemical sensitive surfaces. Degreasing is a procedure where metallic parts are set up for succeeding activities such as painting, electroplating or car repair. Brake cleaners can help you get rid of oil s, resins, dusts and tar on or in between tiny parts of an automobile."

[^From: https://fuelandfriction.com/trucking-pro/discover-the-many-uses-of-brake-cleaner/]

• pinno
    https://blog.4evaseal.com/dos-and-donts-when-cleaning-surfaces-with-solvent-

"Mineral spirits or paint thinner – Never recommended for cleaning a surface because it can leave an oily residue."
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,870
    I don’t use brake cleaner, because I don’t use brakes, obviously
  • pinno
    tlw1 said:

But if you did...
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,149
    tlw1 said:

That's the secret to going faster.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,410
    pinno said:

You cannot leave an oily residue on brake discs because that would be dangerous.
    From Wiki:

"Brake cleaner, often also called parts cleaner, is a mostly colorless cleaning agent, mainly used for cleaning the brake disks, the engine compartment and underfloor of motor vehicles. An important feature is that the brake cleaner leaves no residue after the solvents evaporate."

Chlorinated brake cleaners contain powerful solvents like tetrachloroethylene (also known as perchloroethylene or PERC), methylene chloride, and other organochlorines. This top-shelf heavy hitter cleans parts fast, dries quickly, and leaves no residue."

Chlorinated formula quickly removes brake dust, brake fluid, grease and other contaminants from all types of brake systems including ABS. Superior cleaning and fast evaporation. Leaves no residue."

Brake cleaner is made up of chemical compounds that evaporate as they dry, leaving no residue behind and dissolving grease for perfectly clean brakes. Because of this property however, it's also great for removing grease and oil from other automotive parts too."

"Brake cleaners are primarily used in the degreasing and wiping of metallic areas of car parts, excluding painted surfaces or other chemical sensitive surfaces. Degreasing is a procedure where metallic parts are set up for succeeding activities such as painting, electroplating or car repair. Brake cleaners can help you get rid of oil s, resins, dusts and tar on or in between tiny parts of an automobile."

[^From: https://fuelandfriction.com/trucking-pro/discover-the-many-uses-of-brake-cleaner/]

Probably the last we’ll see of V68 😢 Well done Pinno 😕
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,515
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

From Wiki:

Veronese will be back - he's not the flouncey type.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

pinno said:

From Wiki:

He has enjoyed jumping on every little error I have made over the years and has contradicted me at every opportunity. Now he calls me a fuckingtwat after he was the one spouting bollox.
    Now, I spout bollox lots but i'll admit it and generally, I spout bollox to wake this sleepy place up (ref: tyre widths and pressures for example, it worked).
    He slags his customers and work colleagues off regularly - they're all stupid. Maybe he thinks I am stupid. I think Mr VN68 takes himself a little bit too seriously.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    So can I use petrol on them then?
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • Stevo_666
    How about vodka?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

pinno said:

From Wiki:

He has enjoyed jumping on every little error I have made over the years and has contradicted me at every opportunity. Now he calls me a fuckingtwat after he was the one spouting bollox.
    Now, I spout bollox lots but i'll admit it and generally, I spout bollox to wake this sleepy place up (ref: tyre widths and pressures for example, it worked).
    He slags his customers and work colleagues off regularly - they're all stupid. Maybe he thinks I am stupid. I think Mr VN68 takes himself a little bit too seriously.
    Handbags at dawn then?
  • pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

pinno said:

From Wiki:

R U OK, hun?
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Stevo_666 said:

How about vodka?

good point well presented.

cheap Scotch, like the stuff you get in petrol stations?
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • masjer
    masjer Posts: 2,564
    Petrol ,Vodka and Scotch will just add fuel to the fire.
  • seanoconn
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

pinno said:

From Wiki:

Sorry to correct you Pinno old chap but his customers and work colleagues aren’t stupid, they’re c.unts, please fact check before posting garbage.

Anyway Fight fight fight, back of my local Greggs if free.
  • pinno

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

pinno said:

From Wiki:

R U OK, hun?
    I am fine thank you. Just don't kike being called a fuckingtwat.
    You leave an oily residue on car brake discs to stop them rusting - really?!
    I use brake cleaner to clean up parts before enamelling/painting because it leaves no residue. It's great for that purpose.
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

pinno said:

From Wiki:

Sorry to correct you Pinno old chap but his customers and work colleagues aren’t stupid, they’re c.unts, please fact check before posting garbage.
    Fair enough but the gift of the gab is being able to tell someone that they are going to hell and they will look forward to the trip.

• Stevo_666
    MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

How about vodka?

good point well presented.

cheap Scotch, like the stuff you get in petrol stations?
    That stuff would probably dissolve brake discs rather than clean them.
  • seanoconn
    pinno said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

pinno said:

From Wiki:

R U OK, hun?
    I use brake cleaner to clean up parts before enamelling/painting because it leaves no residue. It's great for that purpose.
    Hmmmm, poke pinno when he’s in a mood or let it go?🤔 Where’s @Stevo_666 when you need advice…
  • masjer
    masjer Posts: 2,564
    I use brake cleaner to clear my sinuses, but it can leave some residual s-s-side EeeEFFecTTss.
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

pinno said:

From Wiki:

R U OK, hun?
    Hmmmm, poke pinno when he’s in a mood or let it go?🤔

• pinno
    Re.: Stevo - tax advice: yes. Sheep advice: yes. Poking: no.
    You are the top poker here Seano.
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

pinno said:

From Wiki:

R U OK, hun?
    Hmmmm, poke pinno when he’s in a mood or let it go?🤔 Where’s @Stevo_666 when you need advice…
    Depends what you mean by 'poke' I guess :smile:
  • seanoconn
    pinno said:

Thank you 😎
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

Thank you 😎
    We'll have to see about that >:)
  • seanoconn
    Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

pinno said:

Thank you 😎
    We'll have to see about that >:)
    You’re not the poker you were steveo, little bit gun shy these days 😉