Pinarello

I bid on this last week and told one of my mates about it. The plan was to win it and let him paint it in his purpose built workshop. He bid on it though and won it. ☹️

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pinarello-Paris-Carbon-Frameset-56cm-/304271886453?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l6249&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

Comments

• MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Would the paintjob have turned out any different if he didn't have a "purpose built workshop"?

Say he would have done it in a shed or a bedroom or a dungeon with the lical dominatrix whipping him gently, yet softly, with the odd occasional slap or insult or in an aeroplane - would there have been much difference in the end result?
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028

I bid on this last week and told one of my mates about it. The plan was to win it and let him paint it in his purpose built workshop. He bid on it though and won it. ☹️

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pinarello-Paris-Carbon-Frameset-56cm-/304271886453?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l6249&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

Did you mean to post this on your blog..?
  • darrell1967
    darrell1967 Posts: 470
    edited December 2021

It’s supposed to be a link to the ad and I haven’t got a blog. To be honest, I don’t actually know what a blog is.
  • MattFalle said:

Would the paintjob have turned out any different if he didn't have a "purpose built workshop"?

Say he would have done it in a shed or a bedroom or a dungeon with the lical dominatrix whipping him gently, yet softly, with the odd occasional slap or insult or in an aeroplane - would there have been much difference in the end result?

I’ve no idea. I’m a plumber.
  • Wouldn’t be too upset. They’re good bikes - I had a version of that frame and it was an excellent thing to ride - but that is now approaching 10 years old and looks to have had a tough life. 2013 models were likely released for sale in 2012. Price looks expensive to me considering the condition.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Wouldn’t be too upset. They’re good bikes - I had a version of that frame and it was an excellent thing to ride - but that is now approaching 10 years old and looks to have had a tough life. 2013 models were likely released for sale in 2012. Price looks expensive to me considering the condition.

I think it’s a bit steep tbh but my buddy will spray it himself and it’ll look stunning.

As he said, it’s a nice bike for the stable.
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,622

It’s supposed to be a link to the ad and I haven’t got a blog. To be honest, I don’t actually know what a blog is.
    It's basically the same as here, only it is just one person who types drivel and no one reads it.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,728

Wouldn’t be too upset. They’re good bikes - I had a version of that frame and it was an excellent thing to ride - but that is now approaching 10 years old and looks to have had a tough life. 2013 models were likely released for sale in 2012. Price looks expensive to me considering the condition.

Should I be upset that my best bike is coming up on 14 years?
    A good ride is a good ride. 😉
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • I bid on this last week and told one of my mates about it. The plan was to win it and let him paint it in his purpose built workshop. He bid on it though and won it. ☹️

It's basically the same as here, only it is just one person who types drivel and no one reads it.
    I get it now.

I suppose it’s like most other forum posts then, if you’re browsing through and you see a post that you’re interested in then by all means have a look.

If there’s a post or a subject that you’re NOT interested in then simply ignore it. I try to do that in life tbh.
  • pblakeney said:

Wouldn’t be too upset. They’re good bikes - I had a version of that frame and it was an excellent thing to ride - but that is now approaching 10 years old and looks to have had a tough life. 2013 models were likely released for sale in 2012. Price looks expensive to me considering the condition.

I agree. I don’t think the new stuff is discernibly better for us amateurs anyway, despite the marketing bumff. Just that this particular frame looked a bit tired and well used, for that price.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,728

pblakeney said:

I agree. I don’t think the new stuff is discernibly better for us amateurs anyway, despite the marketing bumff. Just that this particular frame looked a bit tired and well used, for that price.
    No point in trying to sell mine then. May as well keep riding it. 😎
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • MattFalle

I think it’s a bit steep tbh but my buddy will spray it himself and it’ll look stunning.

Stable?

I thought you said it was a "purpose built workshop"?

Now we are confused.
  • MattFalle
    pblakeney said:

this

N1 bike is years old but still brings a bigger smile than the S3
  • MattFalle said:

Stable?

Now we are confused.
    MattFalle said:

Stable?

Now we are confused.
    I don’t think anyone is confused apart from you.
  • MattFalle
    well not really.

first you're posting about a "purpose built workshop" - ie a shed with a workbench, some lights and power as if it proves he's a PRO and will make an iota of difference to how he's going to spray some paint on a 10 year old frame then you're saying he's doing it in a stable.

you're the one muddying the fish.
  • 🙄