friday with mince pie and extra pineapple

'ning

nippy and gloomygrey, seems set in for the duration, probably with added soggy soon

ride, cafes, bit of wfh, mince pie, commence seasonal lazing, noshing and bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,063
    Still not had a mince pie, but lots of ale so I’m happy. Last nights drinks with friends was fun, think I’m seeing a lot of them later just in a different location.

First is an ‘easy run with hill repeats’ according to the plan - doesn’t sound easy after 4 hrs Kip

Work stuff for half a day then walk the hounds and lunch out with the rugrats then over to a pals
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,137
    My broadband is back on 😊 so I can pootle about on things like this forum. But for how long before it fails again? 😒 Trawling internet via mobile data on a PAYG SIM ain't attractive, even though prob cost me less yesterday than opening another bottle of beer. Perspective innit.

Claggy out, with heavy rain a-comin'. Got some outdoor tasks to get done so had better get arris in gear soon. 100% pure Colombian first though.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao

Slobbin' - need to get some coffee and a shake down me, go to gym, go and pick up tonight's dinner and tomorrow's lunch.

Then probs strip down that 'Dale ready to take it to the powdercoaters after Chrimbles.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,017
    PAYG SIM 'Loon?!

Been with EE a while now and can't fault them. SIMS for me and wifey woman @ £8 each.

A little bit grey this morning and a little bit drizzly.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,327
    Traditional lie in had. Got a few last bits 'n' pieces to pick up then will send a few token emails this afternoon as technically I'm not on holiday then o:) Strifey will walk the hounds and junior is headed out again with her mates.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,021
    very soggy roads, large sharp bit in front tub, grr, looks like it cut to the carcass but not through it, defrosting some stormsure to seal the rift

at least two smidges of wfh done, stroll time
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,137
    pinno said:

PAYG SIM 'Loon?!

O2. 3p/min, 2p/text, 1p/Mb. Which is fine as I use my cheapo android phone as a phone with few out calls made, a GPS, to tell the time, etc, while outside in the wild else is on wifi. Top up averages at £10 per annum. I ain't in the O2 Platinum Club.

• pinno
    orraloon said:

Top up averages at £10 per annum.

Fair enough.

• Morning of serious effort to clean the house up a bit... was looking a little untidy, and the threat of imminent visitors meant it needed a sprucing. All done, including my back it seems.

Nipped into hardware store this arvo to pick up some supplies for DIY jobs to be done over the next few days, plus filled the mower fuel drums for the next round of Man/Machine Vs Wild.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,598
    Happy double Christmas! Polish Christmas Eve, 12 dishes washed down with loads of booze. I must find the Nexium
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

Happy double Christmas! Polish Christmas Eve, 12 dishes washed down with loads of booze. I must find the Nexium

Top score for effort.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    edited December 2021
    'Noon

Was sunny this morning so headed out and of course I found the cloud and lurk which I brought back with me. Meh.
    Had fun walking through a swamp up to the top of the mountain, glad I brought wellies :smiley:

• MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    edited December 2021
    Just been down to Edwyn's Pop Up Maison de Charcuterie for some pigs in blankets.

He's whacked up 2x 12x12 tents he got from Scottish George at the No Window and a load of rickety tables from Paul the Jehovah's place so it looks v v stable in Bethlehem but I think that's more through the fortuity of neckiness and not worrying about food and health regs rather than good planning tbh.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • tetley10
    tetley10 Posts: 693
    Yo dudes, day of jobs and job avoidance. Have had a couple of glasses of fizzy which should numb the pain of wrapping presents, later. Hope everyone is well and has a good couple of days. Might try and convince GTI he needs to ride on sunday.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,660
    Evening folks,
    Busy start in the orifice this morning, managed to wobble in at least. Done a few bits and pieces at home this afternoon, had the old boy from over the road in for a drink earlier and now unwinding.
    Tomorrow may have gone pear shaped as the test results haven't come back for the Italian contingent so other sister says she can't come. What a palaver. Christmas with the old dear may be postponed.
    I'm hoping to unwind a little over the next 10 days but family may put the kybosh on that 🙄
    Have a good one folks
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    tetley10 said:

Yo dudes, day of jobs and job avoidance. Have had a couple of glasses of fizzy which should numb the pain of wrapping presents, later. Hope everyone is well and has a good couple of days. Might try and convince GTI he needs to ride on sunday.

So long as it’s not soaking wet and we can go early doors, should be fine.

Been a busy day. Popped out earlier, presents wrapped, hoovered/cleaned, made dinner, put the turkey in the oven so that’ll be ready. Off to baste it in 10 minutes or so then relaxing. Currently re-watching the expanse. Bloody brilliant programme.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,021
    stands the clock at ten to nine, see this bolly, its all mine

merry crimbo
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,327
    Jobs done, supplies procured, now making inroads into some plonk and watching a spot of Red Dwarf.

Fizzy plonk is chilling in the fridge ready for tomorrow.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Had vegetable curry and Naan bread plus 2 x Guinness.