Sunday requires speed

'Ning

Extra grey here this morning.

Trying to muster the will to get out of bed for a time trial this morning, which looks like it will be in the mist/fog.

Booster jab later. Rest of the day will depend on the weather.

Comments

  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,858
    Crap weather just down the road too.

    Run needs to be run, wood needs to be sorted and I suppose I had better start thinking about getting the current wife some presents other than the ones she has bought herself.

    Later will be ale but potentially not in the pub as we avoid the unclean
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,140
    tlw1 said:

    wood needs to be sorted

    #wankitout as someone once said

  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,513
    'ning

    gloomygrey and cold

    ride, cafes, bit of visiting, home, laze, bubbly
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Morning. I’m free!! Was going to go for a ride but, to be honest, I’m enjoying being in a proper bed again. And it’s cold and grey outside. Anyway, MOT this morning, let’s see if the sill damage has written the car off
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,309
    Sills are replaceable.

    Very foggy. Very grey. Dark. Damn global tilt.
    Only 2 days until the solstice then the light increases everyday -------------------------------------------------------------> until June.

    Dunno wot today holds. Toots and Mrs P off to an early Flick at the cinema and i'm left holding the fort.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    They are but it’s a 2011 Renault scenic so is probably worth less than the cost of works needed to replace it. Still, might be lucky. If it passes, I’ll give it a bit of paint to keep any rust at bay and stop worrying about it. Got no choice but to drive it until it dies now!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,399
    Bit damp and misty here but clearing now. Would have slept in for a bit longer if it wasn't for the dogs agitating to go out for a p1$$. Breakfast had, so we'll head out and walk them soon.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,513
    decided i need to stop midride for eggs and bacon on sourdough

    huge ginger cat watching from over the road
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,140
    edited December 2021
    oxoman said:

    Anybody know how to post audio on here.

    Just shout louder.

    Or upload to SoundCloud and paste a link.

    Time trials suck btw.
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    johngti said:

    They are but it’s a 2011 Renault scenic so is probably worth less than the cost of works needed to replace it. Still, might be lucky. If it passes, I’ll give it a bit of paint to keep any rust at bay and stop worrying about it. Got no choice but to drive it until it dies now!

    Well, it passed! That’s a relief. And it appears that I’ve driven 1700 miles this year. Mad.
  • Just had a mince pie, wandering into the local park soon for carols (and maybe Karens) so might investigate the spirits cupboard and dig out a hip flask.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,309
    thistle_ said:

    oxoman said:

    Anybody know how to post audio on here.

    Just shout louder.

    Or upload to SoundCloud and paste a link.

    Time trials suck btw.
    What course and distance and what time did you post?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,309
    ...oh, they do - they suck.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,666
    If you need some speed I'm sure Slithy Gove will see you alright.

    That was a nippy one. Misty all the way, maybe 100m visibility max but with all the haze, the droplets on the glasses etc got quite difficult at times to see the potholes. Still ride rided, tick. Some warming deep soup almost ready.

    Suppose I'd better sort out The Tree.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,858
    Misty walk until we got a bit higher

  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,309
    Nice that TLW.
    When the girls were at the Cinema, I went for a jolly and up and over the bypass (barely 300m in height), I drove into briliant sunshine. We haven't had a drop of the bright stuff here today.
    It was like looking down at the clouds from a plane.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,858
    pinno said:

    Nice that TLW.
    When the girls were at the Cinema, I went for a jolly and up and over the bypass (barely 300m in height), I drove into briliant sunshine. We haven't had a drop of the bright stuff here today.
    It was like looking down at the clouds from a plane.

    Thought you might like the hounds
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,140
    edited December 2021
    pinno said:

    thistle_ said:

    oxoman said:

    Anybody know how to post audio on here.

    Just shout louder.

    Or upload to SoundCloud and paste a link.

    Time trials suck btw.
    What course and distance and what time did you post?
    It was only a 10 and 30m10s :anguished: which put me well into the top 50%

    Some triathlete decided to stick the anchors on 5m before the finish line then turn to chat to his mate, just as I was overtaking.
    Not that I knew it was the finish line because there was no chequerboar and the timekeeper was sitting in a car where nobody could see him.
    4/10
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,309
    tlw1 said:

    pinno said:

    Nice that TLW.
    When the girls were at the Cinema, I went for a jolly and up and over the bypass (barely 300m in height), I drove into briliant sunshine. We haven't had a drop of the bright stuff here today.
    It was like looking down at the clouds from a plane.

    Thought you might like the hounds
    I didn't say I didn't!

    Hang on...

    The physical orientation of the Spaniel in the middle ground strikes a deep chord in one's memory and fills me up with a reminiscence and a wave of emotion and serenity.

    Is that better?

    What it reminds me of, is going up Cairnsmore of fleet in late April, getting caught in a horizontal blizzard and trying to eat something quick in the lee of a Plaque to WW2 pilots. This, whilst mad keen chap was barking his socks off out of reach.
    He was being impatient and wanted me to get a move on.

    However, as the path was a white out, I told Brutus 'home' and he did take me down the hill except in a straight line. It was 'fun'.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!