Important question

The barber is the "one who shaves all those, and those only, who do not shave themselves". The question is, does the barber shave himself?

Comments

  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,230
    I'm willing to bet that a female barber does in fact shave.
    Or Veet as a minimum. 😉
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    pblakeney said:

    I'm willing to bet that a female barber does in fact shave.
    Or Veet as a minimum. 😉

    Or waxing. But shaving isn’t compulsory, like.
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,290
    Ask Michael Masi. All does not mean every.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,305
    seems to be an answer list from the set of all answer lists that do not include a consistent answer :D
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    sungod said:

    seems to be an answer list from the set of all answer lists that do not include a consistent answer :D

    Kind of got a loose Gödel feel to it, eh?

  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508

    Ask Michael Masi. All does not mean every.

    All things are up for debate and open to interpretation, innit.
  • masjer
    masjer Posts: 2,455
    edited December 2021
    Rather than a female barber, I'm going with this- a robotic barber.

  • masjer
    masjer Posts: 2,455
    Or maybe a woman who didn't want to shave herself:

  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    masjer said:

    Or maybe a woman who didn't want to shave herself:

    Blimey!!!!!
  • tetley10
    tetley10 Posts: 693
    You've been in isolation for too long. This is what happens when you're a maths geek and you spend too much time on your own.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    I went to the barbers 3 weeks ago for them to run the clippers over my balding 2 mm stubble and trim my beard. They did a bit f@rting about with eyebrow and ear hair and charged me 25 quid.
    So with missus agreement clippers have been purchased and I’m hoping for some action tomorrow. Which in the past has incurred some element of nakedness’s so hairs don’t get on your clothes.
    Sadly being covered in your own shavings is apparently not a turn on.
    However if I catch her using the trimmers on herself. You will be first to know.
  • tetley10
    tetley10 Posts: 693
    webboo said:

    I went to the barbers 3 weeks ago for them to run the clippers over my balding 2 mm stubble and trim my beard. They did a bit f@rting about with eyebrow and ear hair and charged me 25 quid.
    So with missus agreement clippers have been purchased and I’m hoping for some action tomorrow. Which in the past has incurred some element of nakedness’s so hairs don’t get on your clothes.
    Sadly being covered in your own shavings is apparently not a turn on.
    However if I catch her using the trimmers on herself. You will be first to know.

    Webboo, been doing my own for a few years now, its similar to a sheep shearing, in that it has to happen in the garden and is weather dependent.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    I used sit naked in the garden room while the missus trimmed mine. But growing a beard and the clippers dying a death led me to visiting the premises of several Turkish gentlemen but it was always sadly disappointing.
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    tetley10 said:

    You've been in isolation for too long. This is what happens when you're a maths geek and you spend too much time on your own.

    I could agree and blame isolation but it’d be a lie. This sort of nonsense goes on in my head all the time.
  • tetley10
    tetley10 Posts: 693
    johngti said:

    tetley10 said:

    You've been in isolation for too long. This is what happens when you're a maths geek and you spend too much time on your own.

    I could agree and blame isolation but it’d be a lie. This sort of nonsense goes on in my head all the time.
    Word.
  • I found a picture of the barber if it helps.


  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,170
    webboo said:

    I used sit naked in the garden room while the missus trimmed mine. But growing a beard and the clippers dying a death led me to visiting the premises of several Turkish gentlemen but it was always sadly disappointing.

    Disappointment all round if the nakedness was involved 😳