MattFalle said:

Ciao

Freezing cold - boo

Too cold to ride bicycle - boo!

Cold??????
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,528
    pinno said:

What comes first SG - the cooling down of the Universe or our sun expanding before it's ultimate demise as a white dwarf?

the sun will go pffft in a mere blink of the tabby's eye

then you'll have to wait a bit, some say around 10^10^76 years, for the black holes to evaporate and everything to decay until there's just a mist of stable particles and photons bouncing around to reach thermal equilibrium, or maybe it'll fluctuate into a big bang, one estimate of probability ~10^−10^10^56 https://arxiv.org/pdf/hep-th/0410270.pdf it's nonzero, wait long enough and it could happen

though if the expansion of space keeps accelerating, things will probably turn out very different indeed, with a big rip eventually tearing apart protons or spacetime itself, perhaps it would look like a big bang from the perspective of whatever came next

enough of this piffle, i need a mince pie
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Dog walking duty this morning, then rest of the day racking up the steps count from shed to cupboard refit job upstairs. Ready to test fit the doors framing tomorrow, then will install the lining and a few other bits first.

Might be a bit of a problem finding stock of the materials to make the actual shelves. Timber shop yesterday was conspicuously short of sheet material stuff.

Took the MTB for a trail ride locally late afternoon - not a great idea as it turned out. There's been sooooooo much grass growth this season, it was pretty thick out there! I ended up with quite a hay fever response which is very unusual.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,401
    pinno said:

johngti said:

Day 8. It’s at nighttime now, too. Someone (or something) was on the roof. I could hear it clomping around in its boots, it was sent by her I know it. What was it doing? What were they hoping to achieve? Don’t they realise that I know what their game is???? I was given instant porridge this morning. Which is weird. Because it really was instant, like she knew what I was going to ask for. It’s mind control. Or witchcraft. Or am I just completely unable to track the passage of time now!??!!!??!

In other news, fully binged Cobra Kai on Netflix and, as a person who enjoyed the karate kid as a youngster, it was very enjoyable. Bring on series 4!

You know what they are up to - sure but there's nothing you can do.
    It's been nice knowing you.

However - don't loose the faith; al is not lost. We need to forumulate an escape.
    [I dunnowhodafuck Al is].

Seano is going to play the Catholic priest for the pre-sacrificial full confessional. (To cleanse the soul of sins before meeting the big bloke - up or down).
    He'll hide you under his Cassock and sneak you out.
    At this point in time, one might assume this is a risky strategy given historical incidents but Seano's not really that way inclined. Well, at least, I don't think so and you can hope.
    We will get you in the back of a Ford Transit van and whisk you off to SG's lab where he'll give you a thorough examination just to make sure you are okay.
    I have performed an exorcism or two in my time

Exi ergo, transgressor. Exi, seductor, plene omni dolo et fallacia, virtutis inimici, innocentium persecutor. Da locum, dirissime, da locum, impiisssime, da locum Christo, in quo nihil invenisti de operibus tuis: qui te spoliavit, qui regnum tuum destruxit, qui te victum ligavit, et vasa tua diripuit.

Perhaps I could transfer the evil spirit that possesses my step son into another vessel? 😃 I’m in! Gti can hide under my cassock but no wiggling or he might get poked in the eye, I’m only human.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,325
    sungod said:

pinno said:

What comes first SG - the cooling down of the Universe or our sun expanding before it's ultimate demise as a white dwarf?

then you'll have to wait a bit, some say around 10^10^76 years, for the black holes to evaporate and everything to decay until there's just a mist of stable particles and photons bouncing around to reach thermal equilibrium, or maybe it'll fluctuate into a big bang, one estimate of probability ~10^−10^10^56 https://arxiv.org/pdf/hep-th/0410270.pdf it's nonzero, wait long enough and it could happen

though if the expansion of space keeps accelerating, things will probably turn out very different indeed, with a big rip eventually tearing apart protons or spacetime itself, perhaps it would look like a big bang from the perspective of whatever came next
    I had better sit down and have a cup of tea.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,469
    More WFH today but headed in the office tomorrow for a change. The attempts to get work stuff shuffled off onto other people's desks seems to be reaching a peak now, so may need to book a bit of extra leave to avoid it :)

Lunch time I think.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

johngti said:

Day 8. It’s at nighttime now, too. Someone (or something) was on the roof. I could hear it clomping around in its boots, it was sent by her I know it. What was it doing? What were they hoping to achieve? Don’t they realise that I know what their game is???? I was given instant porridge this morning. Which is weird. Because it really was instant, like she knew what I was going to ask for. It’s mind control. Or witchcraft. Or am I just completely unable to track the passage of time now!??!!!??!

In other news, fully binged Cobra Kai on Netflix and, as a person who enjoyed the karate kid as a youngster, it was very enjoyable. Bring on series 4!

You know what they are up to - sure but there's nothing you can do.
    It's been nice knowing you.

However - don't loose the faith; al is not lost. We need to forumulate an escape.
    [I dunnowhodafuck Al is].

Seano is going to play the Catholic priest for the pre-sacrificial full confessional. (To cleanse the soul of sins before meeting the big bloke - up or down).
    He'll hide you under his Cassock and sneak you out.
    At this point in time, one might assume this is a risky strategy given historical incidents but Seano's not really that way inclined. Well, at least, I don't think so and you can hope.
    We will get you in the back of a Ford Transit van and whisk you off to SG's lab where he'll give you a thorough examination just to make sure you are okay.
    I have performed an exorcism or two in my time

Exi ergo, transgressor. Exi, seductor, plene omni dolo et fallacia, virtutis inimici, innocentium persecutor. Da locum, dirissime, da locum, impiisssime, da locum Christo, in quo nihil invenisti de operibus tuis: qui te spoliavit, qui regnum tuum destruxit, qui te victum ligavit, et vasa tua diripuit.

Perhaps I could transfer the evil spirit that possesses my step son into another vessel? 😃 I’m in! Gti can hide under my cassock but no wiggling or he might get poked in the eye, I’m only human.
    I’d expect nothing less than a poke in the eye. I may be 53 now but there’s a touch of the silver fox going on…

• pinno
    That's just a picture of the average 50 something Welshman.
    That doesn't convince me.
  • johngti
    oxoman said:

🤢🤮 God that's grim

Harsh. I mean, yes, I could do with a shave but surely you can see beyond that minor issue.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,401
    johngti said:

oxoman said:

🤢🤮 God that's grim

Harsh. I mean, yes, I could do with a shave but surely you can see beyond that minor issue.
    No teeth is a bonus 👍😘
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    pinno said:

sungod said:

pinno said:

I had better sit down and have awank

ftfy

The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,416
    FTFY -
    pinno said:

That's just a picture of the average 50 something Welshwoman.

The men are far hairier than that!

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674

FTFY -

pinno said:

Ah, so that's a female. Explains the sheeps predilection.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Lokoks like Cherie of Llandudno who runs The Red Lion. Stout lady, full of joy.

Not a bad snog I've been led to believe.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • masjer
    masjer Posts: 2,558
    orraloon said:

FTFY -

pinno said:

Ah, so that's a female. Explains the sheeps predilection.
    Oi, that was Miss Bangor 2020.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,298
    Evening folks,
    Day of WFH so was a little lazier than I have been lately. Stole a dog and took it for a walk with the female child. 7 month old pup was completely bonkers but good fun. Quite glad we don't have it full time though.

Mr GTi looks remarkably fresh for a 53 year old.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,469

Evening folks,
    Day of WFH so was a little lazier than I have been lately. Stole a dog and took it for a walk with the female child. 7 month old pup was completely bonkers but good fun. Quite glad we don't have it full time though.

You'll probably end up getting a dog V, I have a feeling about this. Mrs. 666 treats our two like substitute children now that junior is away most of the time.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,298
    Stevo_666 said:

Evening folks,

You'll probably end up getting a dog V, I have a feeling about this. Mrs. 666 treats our two like substitute children now that junior is away most of the time.
    We've discussed getting a mutt several times, I like dogs and we had one for 18 years when I was growing up. Usual conclusion is that we are not in the house enough and it wouldn't be fair on the dog. Unfortunately I doubt that will change for the medium to long term. The EPO would like another cat, I don't
  • pinno

Evening folks,

By that yardstick, what does Stevo look like?!? It's been a while since i saw him last.
  • We have two dogs at our disposal, friends female staffy who loves coming running and custard cremes and daughters miniature dachshund who's little legs can pick up quite a pace. And also likes custard cremes.
    I'm not having a dog though, they're too tying.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • johngti
    We have a black lab, she's 12 and seems happy enough. But when she dies, I don't want another. Replacing her is going to be impossible and I'm going to need time before even thinking about it.