monday wallowing in the castalian spring

2»

Comments

  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,545
    masjer said:

    Evening folks,
    Busy day in the orifice with a grey and moist wobble in and a dark and moist wobble back. Nothing exciting to report, completely knackered after a busy weekend.

    masjer said:

    seanoconn said:

    masjer said:

    pinno said:

    step83 said:

    pinno said:

    MattFalle said:

    Day of meh. Moved trainer and bike back to the shed for summer duty now it's mostly warm enough, fiddled with shifting adjustment again. Fixed seat post slippage on new bike (hopefully), tidied up a few odds and ends and retired to the sun lounge for a rest.

    Spent the afternoon fixing online banking issues for Mum, with a cup of tea and a biccie. Even took the motorcycle for the visit, give it a run to keep it ticking over.

    seat post slippage? just stick a nail through it
    This is good ^.
    No, take the bottom bracket out an squirt expanding foam up the seat tube. proper way
    What rubbish.
    You pour cement into the seat tube up to the required level, insert seat post and allow to set.
    .
    This is why this forum is so good. You'll never pick up handy hints like this in the Park Tools repair guide.
    Keep up the good work!
    And you wonder why his cars don’t pass their MOT

    Too much cement in those sills.
    Not cement, but I did once see an inner sill that had been filled with fibre glass resin. Pretty bloody heavy.

    That Pinno, when will he stop.
    He'll try anything to get his porches MOTd
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,970
    Trawl of the wholesaler warehouse completed; stocks of 100% pure Colombian now good. Got a 2kg pack of diced venison, I'm thinking Christmas dinner may be a bambi based carbonnade flamande stylee, recipe to be explored and tested this weekend.

    99+% mask wearing, just saw one pair of plonkers sans mask, I applied the death stare.

    Oh, and a 2x7 variety pack of SiS gels at 55p each. The same pack on their website is £14, that's £2 per gel.... 🤔
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,780
    Oi fuckfaces: Old Merc, passed MOT first time 2 weeks ago and same as the 997 last Friday. 1 to go. Won't be till January now unfortunately.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,780
    orraloon said:


    99+% mask wearing, just saw one pair of plonkers sans mask, I applied the death stare.

    Did it work?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • masjer
    masjer Posts: 2,613
    pinno said:

    Oi fuckfaces: Old Merc, passed MOT first time 2 weeks ago and same as the 997 last Friday. 1 to go. Won't be till January now unfortunately.

    At least that gives you plenty of time to hack all that nasty cement and resin out.
  • tetley10
    tetley10 Posts: 693
    Yo dudes, day of online meetings and reading. Kids football done and just back from a half decent game of 7 a-side. Time for some dinner, corned beef and pickle sarnies.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,780
    oxoman said:

    Evening folks,
    Busy day in the orifice with a grey and moist wobble in and a dark and moist wobble back. Nothing exciting to report, completely knackered after a busy weekend.

    masjer said:

    seanoconn said:

    masjer said:

    pinno said:

    step83 said:

    pinno said:

    MattFalle said:

    Day of meh. Moved trainer and bike back to the shed for summer duty now it's mostly warm enough, fiddled with shifting adjustment again. Fixed seat post slippage on new bike (hopefully), tidied up a few odds and ends and retired to the sun lounge for a rest.

    Spent the afternoon fixing online banking issues for Mum, with a cup of tea and a biccie. Even took the motorcycle for the visit, give it a run to keep it ticking over.

    seat post slippage? just stick a nail through it
    This is good ^.
    No, take the bottom bracket out an squirt expanding foam up the seat tube. proper way
    What rubbish.
    You pour cement into the seat tube up to the required level, insert seat post and allow to set.
    .
    This is why this forum is so good. You'll never pick up handy hints like this in the Park Tools repair guide.
    Keep up the good work!
    And you wonder why his cars don’t pass their MOT

    Too much cement in those sills.
    Not cement, but I did once see an inner sill that had been filled with fibre glass resin. Pretty bloody heavy.
    Have seen Mark 1 and 2 escorts with the top struts filled with chicken wire concrete and whatever else will fill the holes. Have also seen said struts pop the bonnet when they fail as well. Pretty spectacular.
    A Yugo Zastava came in to the garage needing pre MOT work and I was told to 'find everything'. Namely because the customer looked like there was no way the owner could afford the work (he was fat, filthy and smelly) and we would be doing it all and ending up chasing him for the money.
    It was pretty evident that the car wasn't worth it before even getting underneath the thing.
    I poked around (those were the days were an MOT inspector could actually poke one's car with a metal object) and both front inner wheel arches looked like they had been filled. The resin was painted with underseal but you could clearly see the resin coming away from the metal and I tweaked a bit of resin out. It came off in a long strip (wasn't my intention) and behind it was newspaper.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!