Fulgaz woes

I wanted to try Fulgaz, as on paper it seems to fit my indoor riding style and seems easy to use, with good real world footage and plenty of climbs to try.
However, I have been unable to set it up...
1) Couldn't download it on my Windows 10 laptop, when I go onto the App shop and click on the app, it says there is a problem.
2)... so I have downloaded in n the iPad... but once I start, it does not see the Wahoo Kickr sensor. Apparently, this could be because the sensor is captive from other Apps, like my wife's Zwift or my Garmin...
It all seems very tedious, do I really have to go into my wife's Zwift and delete the sensor so that I can use Fulgaz...? It seems a great palaver that one has to do that every time (as inevitably at some point my wife will want to use her Zwift).

I mean, we are almost in 2022 and these things should be easy?
left the forum March 2023

Comments

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,789
    Going straight to 2) - I assume your Garmin is switched off. You also have to force close Zwift. Double press the menu button and swipe up. My premise being that Zwift is holding onto the signal in the background. Good practice to do this with apps using connections and you or your wife will have to do the same to close Fulgaz and connect to Zwift.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • pblakeney said:

Going straight to 2) - I assume your Garmin is switched off. You also have to force close Zwift. Double press the menu button and swipe up. My premise being that Zwift is holding onto the signal in the background. Good practice to do this with apps using connections and you or your wife will have to do the same to close Fulgaz and connect to Zwift.

As far as I am aware Zwift is closed, (it's on another device) but I'll check again thanks
  • pblakeney
    edited December 2021
    Check that there are no other BT devices connected to your iPad.
    There is a Fulgaz FB page where people are quite helpful with specific issues.

PS - You connect your trainer through the Fulgaz app, not the iPad BT settings. Quite a common mistake.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • pblakeney said:

Check that there are no other BT devices connected to your iPad.
    There is a Fulgaz FB page where people are quite helpful with specific issues.

PS - You connect your trainer through the Fulgaz app, not the iPad BT settings. Quite a common mistake.

Yes, but it doesn't see it... tried again with all else switched off... no joy. I'll have a look at the facebook page
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,152

1) I think I had this problem with rgt, it just wouldn't install from the windows app store. I found a way to download and install like with other software and it worked fine- the problem seemed to be the app store.

2) I think for sensors (I.e. not a smart turbo under control) many devices can read from an Ant+ sensor as it's just constantly broadcasting the data to anything that can receive it. With Bluetooth the ones I've played with seem to pair to a single device so if the Bluetooth device thinks it still connected to something else it won't accept another connection. Turning things off and on normally resets it.
    Smart trainers have a different connection sequence which only allows one device to control it at once, both for ant+ and Bluetooth. It's to stop your wife connecting to the trainer while you're riding and cranking the resistance up for entertainment.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,586
    thistle_ said:

1) I think I had this problem with rgt, it just wouldn't install from the windows app store. I found a way to download and install like with other software and it worked fine- the problem seemed to be the app store.

RGT have given up on the app store, it just took too long to get updates out to the users - they have switched to direct download only.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • In the end I downloaded Rouvy, which on paper did seem like a very similar platform. All easy, trainer connected straightaway... easy to use too, unlike Zwift!!

I'll see how I get on in the next couple of weeks free trial, before committing
  • yellowv2
    yellowv2 Posts: 282
    Another here who can't get Fulgaz to download on a Mac.
  • pblakeney
    yellowv2 said:

Another here who can't get Fulgaz to download on a Mac.

Strange as I just tried and it took less than a minute to download and open.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • yellowv2
    Yes, I have emailed them and they have responded but still no joy. I'll try again once they've looked into what the issue is.
  • pblakeney
    yellowv2 said:

Yes, I have emailed them and they have responded but still no joy. I'll try again once they've looked into what the issue is.

Australian app so you probably won't get much more response until tonight.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • yellowv2
    Had an email from them this morning to say nothing will be looked into until next week when they return to work after the Christmas break.