wednesday whiffling through the tulgey wood

'ning

ride if dry, cafes, mince pie etc.
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,197
    edited December 2021
    All this about mince pies; for clarification, steak, lamb? Added spices like ras el hanout? Cold or warmed up? Just asking.

[Edit. On which subject
    https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/dec/01/stonehenge-builders-may-have-enjoyed-mince-pies
    ]

Back to work work. Sans leaf blower which I dropped off for some remedial work but ain't ready yet. So lot of arm action predicted. Better than wrist action I suppose.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083
    Shoot sleep despite apple based product.

Hounds walked and now work stuff, later is the first live music in ages, beer will be enjoyed
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    I had a cat called Tulgey, it died.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    Better nights sleep, shoulder didn’t wake me too many times. Wobbled in again but will have to change the stem before ride home (why do it at home when you can get paid for tinkering) as my back isn’t enjoying the current set up.
  • tlw1
    seanoconn said:

I had wood this morning
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090
    orraloon said:
    They had all the ingredients sort of so they could have maybe.

Cold wind has pushed yesterdays brief interlude out.
    It's heading souf.

Merc gets dropped off to bodyshop today, so it will look peachy for sale.

Zoom zoom zoom at 11. The joys.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • masjer
    masjer Posts: 2,613
    seanoconn said:

Did it have a poorly Tumtum?
  • seanoconn
    tlw1 said:

seanoconn said:

I had wood this morning
    Neglected morning wood? I keep telling my wife not to complain as she doesn’t know how many I have left in me. They’re not infinite so enjoy while you can.
  • seanoconn
    masjer said:

seanoconn said:

How did you know!?
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

Revenge is a dish best served cold.
    You failed.
  • seanoconn
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

Revenge is a dish best served cold.
    You failed.
    An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, a foot for a foot, a cat for a cat, a sausage roll for a pasty (pastries are comparable)
  • tlw1
    seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

seanoconn said:

I had wood this morning
    Neglected morning wood? I keep telling my wife not to complain as she doesn’t know how many I have left in me.
    How many have you had in you????? 😳
  • pinno
    masjer said:

seanoconn said:

You're worse than him.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,608
    Morning, WFH so had a little lie in relatively. Off for my Covid booster jab in a bit so hopefully won't feel too shyte afterwards.

Have just discovered the joys of Prime Video son will be watching Chelski this evening.

In other news the hounds seem to have settled in. Senior hound has requisitioned the silly furry beanbag thing that our kid bought for herself

Meanwhile junior hound has found an observation post on the landing where he can keep an eye out for squirrels, pheasants etc

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Sunshine in heckville today, windy though perfect for flying a kite or some such lark. Final day off work before the return to chaos. Mince pie being consumed an coffee slurped currently sat on the sofa while the OH is having a group video call while wrapped up like some bizarre mix of a hermit crab and burrito next to me.

May take a roll down into one of the villages later Christmas market is on see what random goods can be acquired.
  • pinno
    Zoom gone mammaries up temporarily.

Ho hum, taps fingers... whistle a tune...
  • Warm and humid (!) day here. Faffed about with borrowed bike to see if I like it enough to buy. Geometry seems ok, although I suspect fairly steep seat tube which was somewhat strange. But... has been built with an odd choice of components. Bars are way too narrow, gearing not what I'd want, and needs a complete strip and clean. Think I'll pass and return it.

Started trial of box joint making on table saw... rookie error with the jig set-up means I'll have to start over.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Just been Moderna'd down at the local pharmacy so will see how I feel later. CBA to stick around for 10 minutes to see if I had an allergic reaction.

In other news junior has invited a couple of her mates round for New Year's Eve so we now need to get the spare room sorted sooner than planned.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    Stevo_666 said:

Just been Moderna'd down at the local pharmacy so will see how I feel later. CBA to stick around for 10 minutes to see if I had an allergic reaction.

In other news junior has invited a couple of her mates round for New Year's Eve so we now need to get the spare room sorted sooner than planned.

Pyjama party? I haven’t received my invitation yet?
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

Pyjama party? I haven’t received my invitation yet?
    Thought you were trying trying to bag V68s assistant and her mates for an evening of 'Pole' dancing?
  • Compiling a Christmas list in your 40's isn't quite as much fun as when you're a kid and you free reign of the Argos catalogue.
    Shopping after work, food based so nothing too exciting.
    Might WFH tomorrow, we shall see.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,129
    pinno said:

masjer said:

seanoconn said:

You're worse than him.
    vengeance is mine, said the tabby, their time will come

just shredded several mounds of documents into many bags of fine chaff, curiously relaxing, followed up with a mince pie, eaten not shredded
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinno
    sungod said:

pinno said:

masjer said:

seanoconn said:

You're worse than him.
    vengeance is mine, said the tabby, their time will come
    That's the right sort of response.