Cube Reaction Pro/Race vs Ghost Lector Universal vs Radon Jealous 8.0

It's time to buy a new bike :). I've had carbon for a few years now and used to the different ride. I bike in the Chilterns mostly so that means claggy clay, tree roots and flints in the winter. A couple of times a year I bike in more rocky places - Peak District, Lakes, Highlands, etc.

I tend to ride for a couple of hours or all day cross country. I don't do overly technical riding and seldom do bike parks. Recently the biggest challenge for me has been the West Highland Way which is the type of biking a really love (reasonable distances, but not overly challenging or hilly).

I like a light bike, one of the reasons I stick with hardtail. The Cube and Radon are over 1.5kg lighter than than the Ghost.

Is there any reason to buy the Ghost instead of the others? I can't see the point of riding all that extra weight around, but I don't want to dismiss the Ghost if it has other redeeming features. And do the lighter bikes mean they won't last long? I want to buy a bike and keep it for a long time.

Thanks for any insights.

Comments