monday is just the place for a snark

2»

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,560

Looks lovely, but not going to let that stop me extracting urine. Is it 'burbs or commuter belt village life? Old place was what I'd consider suburban, new mansion is further out isn't it?

Yep, this is the far side of the M25 so we're in banjo country now. It's just outside Sevenoaks, so just over twice as far out from Central London as we were before.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,420
    Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

I've been keeping an eye out from on high for Eco-hippies - they wouldn't like me very much, what with Panzer and oil fired CH.

Looks loverly Stevo
    Cheers matey. You can also see the man cave and the Panzer down below. Gradient on the drive up to the front door will be good fun when it's snowy/icy - 1 in 4 and no stopping room once you're on the flat bit. Will be a bit like that scene from the Italian Job where they're trying trying to get the Minis in the back of the bus :smiley:
    Get yourself a couple 20kg bags of salt for the slope before it needs it. Chuck a few handfuls down and you’re good to go.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

I've been keeping an eye out from on high for Eco-hippies - they wouldn't like me very much, what with Panzer and oil fired CH.

Looks loverly Stevo
    Cheers matey. You can also see the man cave and the Panzer down below. Gradient on the drive up to the front door will be good fun when it's snowy/icy - 1 in 4 and no stopping room once you're on the flat bit. Will be a bit like that scene from the Italian Job where they're trying trying to get the Minis in the back of the bus :smiley:
    Get yourself a couple 20kg bags of salt for the slope before it needs it. Chuck a few handfuls down and you’re good to go.
    Already got it...they left a few useful things.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,420
    Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Looks loverly Stevo
    Already got it...they left a few useful things.
    👍
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    Lucky these things didn't get blown down in the storms.

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,366
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Looks loverly Stevo
    Get yourself a dustbin lid/VW beetle bonnet for the slope and chuck yourself down it.
    FTFY.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,154
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Looks loverly Stevo
    Get yourself a dustbin lid/VW beetle bonnet for the slope and chuck yourself down it.
    FTFY.

He could get a winch at the top of the drive so he doesn't have to worry about melting all the fun stuff to get the car in and out.
  • pinno
    edited November 2021
    thistle_ said:

pinno said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Looks loverly Stevo
    FTFY.

He could get a winch at the top of the drive so he doesn't have to worry about melting all the fun stuff to get the car in and out.
    Would a winch with a 100-1 ratio be enough to winch up an uplift Van?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,331
    That's not a bad idea Thistle, but he needs CCTV or one of those Ring doorbells so we can have the video footage of him going arseovertit when he tries to walk down the drive in the bleak midwinter 😁
    Those trees look very nice Mr 666, are they on your estate. And I don't mean the Panzer
  • pinno

That's not a bad idea Thistle, but he needs CCTV or one of those Ring doorbells so we can have the video footage of him going arseovertit when he tries to walk down the drive in the bleak midwinter 😁
    Those trees look very nice Mr 666, are they on your estate. And I don't mean the Panzer

It's not exactly Zimmer friendly in the years to come.
  • Stevo_666

I've got my skis for when it gets sketchy :smile:

The trees are on my land, seem pretty storm proof fortunately.