Power Meter

Looking for a used crank based PM for a bike I only use for a few weeks each year so don't want to buy new or spend a fortune.

Not overly fussed about condition, as good as possible but obviously must be reliable & also 175mm cranks.

Anyone has one to sell PM me.

TIA.

Comments

• daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,538
    edited November 2021
    Dude, you'll struggle to get anything reliable I suspect, and most people will value them at £150 plus.

Up until 10pm, PBK have a 105 4iiii version of what you want for £196.49, with TCB at 4% that should net it for you at under £189, and I'd struggle to see you do any better than that.

Not sure if there are any extra pbk discount codes around.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • ibr17xvii
    ibr17xvii Posts: 1,065
    daniel_b said:

Dude, you'll struggle to get anything reliable I suspect, and most people will value them at £150 plus.

Up until 10pm, PBK have a 105 4iiii version of what you want for £196.49, with TCB at 4% that should net it for you at under £189, and I'd struggle to see you do any better than that.

Not sure if there are any extra pbk discount codes around.

Yeah PBK are the ones I was keeping an eye on. If I'm honest I don't really want to spend that much on a bike I use that little & I can't be arsed transferring cranks between bike even if it only does take 5 - 10 minutes. They tend to go for a decent price on eBay as well.

Having said that £196.49 is a great price.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,538
    Don't forget TCB!

At least you have warranty with that one, where as buying a 2nd hand one, you don't know if it's going to have connection issues, dodgy battery door seals, batteries going flat etc etc.

For the extra £50, for me that would well be worth the peace of mind.

This sounds like a bike you have permanently stored at a place abroad?
    I think I'd probably take a crank with me, but if not, I'd just remove the battery each time I came home and bring with to use in something, and then take a fresh one out on the next visit.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • ibr17xvii
    ibr17xvii Posts: 1,065
    Good points.

I don’t need a PM on it if I’m honest but I’d like one as for me at least riding with power data is one of those things that you miss when you don’t have it.

I’ve spent a bomb recently so I might try my luck in the January sales.