Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

Thursday thread without a pineapple fixated poster

Morning,

As SG is on a mini break I shall take the lead today.

Pub avoidance was avoided last night and much fun had.

Today is the normal hounds, work stuff and a easy run, as both kids are out tonight I’ve got a feeling the pub maybe visited

Posts

  • thistle_thistle_ Posts: 5,693
    'ning

    Zwif zwifted
    Traffic jam endured
    Greggs visited
    WFW

    Gym later
  • pinnopinno Posts: 43,331
    SG's mini break is to walk 500 yds from his house to the nearest hotel. Saves on washing up I suppose.

    Jeezo, what happened? It's gone from balmy mild to arctic.
    Gales and snow forecasted for da weekend.

    Hopefully a quieter day today to tinker on Porker#1 as yesterday was a bit hectic.

    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • johngtijohngti Posts: 1,972
    Bore da

    Great start to the day. 7.45 meeting to talk about pupil premium attainment gaps in which I was the only person who didn’t haveafucking clue what was going on. Turns out that the assistant head in charge spoke to my assistant about it rather than me, and what with my assistant being an arrogant [email protected] who’s after my job, he decided I didn’t need to have any details about the 45 minute meeting he’d already had earlier this week because he’s obviously important. What is the point???

    Anyway, student teacher is taking my lesson and is doing a good job so that’s nice. Busy day of teaching followed by parents’ evening.

    I need a new job.
  • johngtijohngti Posts: 1,972
    Spoke too soon. She’s got the sequencing wrong for this topic. Let’s see how she fixes it…
  • tetley10tetley10 Posts: 641
    johngti said:

    Bore da

    Great start to the day. 7.45 meeting to talk about pupil premium attainment gaps in which I was the only person who didn’t haveafucking clue what was going on. Turns out that the assistant head in charge spoke to my assistant about it rather than me, and what with my assistant being an arrogant [email protected] who’s after my job, he decided I didn’t need to have any details about the 45 minute meeting he’d already had earlier this week because he’s obviously important. What is the point???

    Anyway, student teacher is taking my lesson and is doing a good job so that’s nice. Busy day of teaching followed by parents’ evening.

    I need a new job.

    Can you set him on fire and throw him over the school fence? Or just kick him in the nuts.

    Yo, sun is out, busy day of teaching today so going to have to get creative if I want to have a kip. Forced myself to the gym and feel better for it. Cup of tea and crack into it. Beers tonight.
  • pinnopinno Posts: 43,331
    tetley10 said:


    Can you set him on fire and throw him over the school fence? Or just kick him in the nuts.

    What do you mean 'or'?
    ...and...

    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 47,087
    edited 25 November
    Morning folks,

    Sat on day 2 of a boring virtual finance conference while trying to do some real work in the background. Junior comes home for the weekend tomorrow so will need to drive in and pick her up from the station, which will take ages.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • WheelspinnerWheelspinner Posts: 5,575
    Bad sleep meant a grumpy start. Into doc to get checked over... seems nothing too worrying, but has given me more/different stuff for the foot swelling. Reckons a few more days and it "should" be ok.

    Into town, picked up new dado stack blade for the saw, and replacement number plates for the car, plus some random shopping stuff. Tomorrow forecast to be a bit average weather, so a workshop day is on the cards.

    Open O-1.0 Open One+ BMC TE29 Titus Racer X Ti Giant MCM One Cannondale Prophet Lefty Cannondale Super V SL Cove Handjob Cervelo RS
  • homers_doublehomers_double Posts: 7,012
    Had a lie in as I'm half day off, half WFH. Was supposed to ride but, well, stuff.
    Pick up some leg saving injections for mate later.
    Cottage pie for tea!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • tetley10tetley10 Posts: 641
    pinno said:

    tetley10 said:


    Can you set him on fire and throw him over the school fence? Or just kick him in the nuts.

    What do you mean 'or'?
    ...and...

    Good point.
  • thistle_thistle_ Posts: 5,693
    Has MF gone on hols with SG?
  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 9,869
    Afternoon all. Chilling out literally prior to local xc night ride. Maybe a few beers later but not at local as currently shut due to Corona and I don't mean lager. Landlady has gone with it 2 days after I was last in luckily my test says carry on.
    Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • pinnopinno Posts: 43,331


    Pick up some leg saving injections for mate later.

    EPO?

    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • homers_doublehomers_double Posts: 7,012
    Similar, something to do with reduced blood flow around the ankle.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 24,816 Lives Here
    Evening folks, traditional Thursday mild hangover has subsided. Long day in the orifice. Not as awkward as yesterday as there were fewer of us in so could relax a little more. In again tomorrow morning for more meetings, then WFH for the afternoon before early bail to the pub. All this going to work means I have wobbled more at least.
Sign In or Register to comment.