sunday burning torches beneath the sea

2»

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,360
    orraloon said:

That was a cold one. Winter drawers on. Enjoyed the ride but that north wind is c-c-cold. Currently enjoying a bowl of deep chunky vege soup to warm up the core again. Given there's about 2 hours of daylight left, that's about that.

I did 30 hilly miles in it. Got the wind all wrong and had a headwind all the way home.
    Banjaxed.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,415

Boom, one of many this morning. Taught him all he knows obviously.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    pinno said:

orraloon said:

That was a cold one. Winter drawers on. Enjoyed the ride but that north wind is c-c-cold. Currently enjoying a bowl of deep chunky vege soup to warm up the core again. Given there's about 2 hours of daylight left, that's about that.

I did 30 hilly miles in it. Got the wind all wrong and had a headwind all the way home.
    Banjaxed.
    just wankitout. it'll be fine
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • We're due a spell of chillyness, but dry. Shame about the long nights as riding is limited* by that.

*i don't have a decent set of lights
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Well, I do but the rear lense fell out of my garmin set
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328
    I've got what would be considered good lights, Exposure Strada among others, but I don't think they are good enough. They are either bright enough for me to see where I'm going in the dark, but blind others. Or they are not bright enough.
    I think I need some European type lights that focus the light onto the road like car headlights do, trouble is they all seem to be dynamo lights.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Can you not just point the light down a bit.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328
    webboo said:

I do, but as it just projects a cone of light a lot of light still seems to go upwards and bother people coming the other way. This is with the light on the lowest setting and pointing down a bit.
  • MattFalle
    We've just been watching Red Notice starring The Rock and it was mega.
  • pinno
    Anything with 'The Rock' in it is offishally shyte.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087

webboo said:

I do, but as it just projects a cone of light a lot of light still seems to go upwards and bother people coming the other way. This is with the light on the lowest setting and pointing down a bit.
    With my lights one a Leyzne and a Cateye I think, I used get flashed by drivers and one guy flagged me down to say they blinded him. This was on unlit country roads, so I just kept them pointing well down unless someone kept full beam on. Then I would just flip one up.
    These days I don’t need to go out in the dark unless I just fancy it just use my lights.
  • MattFalle
    edited November 2021
    pinno said:

Ah hell, no. The Rock is mega and this is a billion times better than the latest James Bond rubbish.

Try watching his Jumanji jobs and not telling its a great couple of hours well spent. Ridiculous trash, yes, but great fun.
  • MattFalle
    As an aside, dozing Hound in front of fire

• webboo said:

Bit of fettling to make an eyelid type reflector for the light, like xenon lights in cars have? Must be a way of taming the upwards output, tape or something? Although I think some lights I’ve seen just look like welding flashes irrespective of what angle you see them.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    Used to go out night riding because I didn't have much time. I used a bank of 4 battery powered lights and they were ok.
    I liked the bats swirling around picking up insects attracted to the light.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,415
    MattFalle said:

pinno said:

Ah hell, no. The Rock is mega and this is a billion times better than the latest James Bond rubbish.

Try watching his Jumanji jobs and not telling its a great couple of hours well spent. Ridiculous trash, yes, but great fun.
    Balls, you used to have taste (I think) what’s happened to you!?

Red notice is mega Shyte for anyone over 13.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • MattFalle
    seanoconn said:

MattFalle said:

pinno said:

Balls, you used to have taste (I think) what’s happened to you!?

Red notice is mega Shyte for anyone over 13.
    nah. it Rocks.

see what i did there?
  • MattFalle
    No way near anywhere as good as Red with Willis, Dench, etc - now that is utter joy.

But compared to the latest Bond? Yeah.
  • masjer
    masjer Posts: 2,564
    MattFalle said:

No way near anywhere as good as Red with Willis, Dench, etc - now that is utter joy.

But compared to the latest Bond? Yeah.

There is a theme here. Bald men in vests.
    #wankitout