New build and 1 by 12 question

Hi guys just after a little advice , I’m currently riding a on one 45650b but I’m having a Curtis am7 frame made and unsure to go for a 142 or 148 hub ? I want to go 1 by 12 but not too sure on what wheel set will allow this ? I was thinking of some hunts . The frame will be made in either 142 or 148 depending on what I decide, but I’m not too sure what the pro’s and cons are for either tbh ?

I was hoping to use my current wheels but being that the hub is 10 speed I imagine this is not going to happen ?

The plan is the use the forks and possibly the wheels from the on one til I can afford some new ones . But wanna future proof myself

Hope this makes sense?

Comments

• mully79
    mully79 Posts: 904
    Usually I just look at what Parts Hope are making. If they do evo4 in 142 and/or 148 then your probably safe either way. Can’t see boost or non-boost cranks disappearing overnight and the crank will probably last forever anyway.
    Just goes down to the wheel stiffness. Want the strongest, stiffest wheel possible go 148. want more compliance on your hardtail maybe 142.