thursday hunting the vampire pineapple of vulthoom

2»

Comments

• MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    tbf, i'm 100% behind Pinno on this vehicular folly - just look at me and my RGV.

Is keeping him happy, busy and undoubtedly annoying Mrs P, so all boxes checked.

Pinno - crack on and keep us updated.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,364
    edited November 2021
    MattFalle said:

tbf, i'm 100% behind Pinno on this vehicular folly - just look at me and my RGV.

Is keeping him happy, busy and undoubtedly annoying Mrs P, so all boxes checked.

Pinno - crack on and keep us updated.

I will sir. Wil report back to wind the voyeurs up.
    It's a good job I didn't go into expenditure. But, as VN will testify, my expenditure is dwarfed by Jags and Stags.

99% of it is all my work. All 3 of us: Me, Myself and I so I point 2 fingers at a) people who have never owned a Porker and b) people who have never undergone such a comprehensive overhaul/renovation of a vehicle.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,546
    Personally I feel I'm still too young for a Men-o-porsche.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Evening strangers.

Appears Pinno is building a new car at this point using the Porkie parts service desk. I can only sympathise having spannered in the past.

I am alive BTW just been super busy also got my first time off next week which should be nice.
  • MattFalle
    step83 said:

Evening strangers.

Appears Pinno is building a new car at this point using the Porkie parts service desk. I can only sympathise having spannered in the past.

I am alive BTW just been super busy also got my first time off next week which should be nice.

any pics of norks?
  • Boom! Second week skiing booked.
    Tignes in February.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,693
    Belgium next weekend is GO! 😊 Their increased covid measures are easy peasy, like wearing masks indoors in bars while moving around. Now got sh1tloads of forms 'n' uploads 'n' tests innat to sort out. That first Hommelbier will be just so so special.

Lot of chainsaw action today, still dealing with aftermath of Stormy Daniels a few weeks back. Involved a lot of awkward angle and position stuff accompanied by much cursing. Or maybe I'm just Mr Crabbit.

Bar opened. 👍
  • MattFalle
    sitting in a car park waiting for bambina. absolutely knackered. can't wait to get home and have dinner/open a beer.
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

Personally I feel I'm still too young for a Men-o-porsche.

But too old to realise you have said that many times before.
  • pinno
    oxoman said:

Hands up Pinno I'll admit I had a dig.

Fair enough.
    oxoman said:

Your not wrong about jags and stags either. I used to do minis and I don't mean the German upstart either and they we're a nightmare. As one part failed / rotted or fell off a few more would follow suit in sympathy. At least most part used to be cheap unlike porkers. Mate had a 914 and the only OEM thing he could actually afford at the time was a key fob.

I have had 4 minis, some modded. My mate has a mini and it has cost £24k and upwards - you saw the pics.
    My Porker renovation (mainly because I have done it myself so far) will come in waaay below that. Classic Mini part prices are through the roof.
    And actually, 944 parts aren't in the 914 or older 911 league.

I had to laugh when I was at my mate's garage (on a tool scrounge) and there was an Audi Q5 on the ramp. The owner turned to me and mentioned that I must have loads of money 'cos of Porker#2.
    Then the garage owner turned to the Audi owner and told him that he needed discs all round, new pad sensors and pads, saying "iro £1700", to which I giggled and the owner turned and said - "just you wait till you need discs" and I said that "I do and that I have priced a pair of front, vented, drilled discs @ £80 each plus vat, pads are £60 for a front set, so it seems that you have loads of money".

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,693
    Saw my first with lights lit in a home not a garden centre Christmas tree today. 18th November.
  • tetley10
    tetley10 Posts: 693
    orraloon said:

Saw my first with lights lit in a home not a garden centre Christmas tree today. 18th November.

I saw two houses last Thursday. 11th November.
  • pinno
    edited November 2021

Sounds like a great (expensive) project. Got any pics?

it's all here, if you sift through the waffle:

https://forums.tipec.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=24357&start=0

• step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    MattFalle said:

step83 said:

Evening strangers.

any pics of norks?
    Mine, OH's (I choose death) or Randoms?
  • MattFalle
    Random will do, please and thank you.