wednesday has chiral anomalies

'ning

nippy

ride, cafes, see how long i can tolerate surprise excessively long strategy webex, other stuff, laze, bubbly outing
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Uh webex - good luck with that one

WFW looks dry but cool/chilly, recovering from lots of lovely ale last night, so will leave along tonight ;) maybe...
  • tetley10
    tetley10 Posts: 693
    Yo, dog walked, dropping small one at school then ride in for a morning full of online student meetings. Might have to treat myself to another kip this afternoon.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083
    Hounds walked 3 miles and zero appreciation.

Work stuff and then running stuff (warm up, 10k tempo - sounds shoot).

Wonder if I can avoid the pub for a third night
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090
    edited November 2021
    tlw1 said:

They do. You are probably god to them.
    However, if you are referring to your OH, it's nearing the anniversary of that soggy Turkey/BMW incident. Perhaps she just needs to get over this little hump.
    They are very deep and complex these women folk. I can't understand them.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Today will be a bit of plastering, a Zoom meeting (should I shower and change for that?!) then Handbrake cable fettling on Porker#1.

Porky mate texts me to say that he is going to be a Dad.
    I nearly fell over when he said he wanted a road bike but this, this is seismic.
    He is about the most self centred, self obsessed human I know. Train crash waiting to happen. It will either make him or break him.
    I guess the road bike will now gather dust. Pity.
  • tlw1
    pinno said:

tlw1 said:

They do. You are probably god to them.
    However, if you are referring to your OH, it's nearing the anniversary of that soggy Turkey/BMW incident. Perhaps she just needs to get over this little hump.
    They are very deep and complex these women folk. I can't understand them.

Never expect appreciation from the current wife. Though should be nice to her this week as my gravel bike turns up on Friday 😎

So the question is do I test it with a 25 mile ride straight out of the box (going near to the old house to see toyah Wilcox’s)? Or tried and tested single speed CX bike
  • pinno
    The former.
    Couldn't work out the Toyah Wilcox bit. Was that a) real b) cockney rhyming slang or c) fantasy?
  • tlw1
    pinno said:

The former.
    Couldn't work out the Toyah Wilcox bit. Was that a) real b) cockney rhyming slang or c) fantasy?

Unfortunately real
  • tlw1
    oxoman said:

Nothing wrong with Toyah, used to love her music a few years ago.

Just concerned after her ‘Sunday lunch’ videos what type of audience might be there
  • Walked the dog, although she's getting pretty slow, other than a bit of cross-fence argy-bargy with Jock down the road.

Coffee in the sunshine. Roof down on car for the daily car park visit, then an hour or so on the mower to finish the day.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Busy. Again. On the plus side I just made a little year 7 student cry by being big scary shouty teacher. Honestly, 12 years old with a massive attitude!! On the other hand, I hate that part of the job and try to not be that teacher very often.

Also, apparently our dishwasher won’t empty at home. Fun times.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,608
    Drove into work this morning to preserve the now healing leg. First half distance-wise to my old place took 30 minutes: second half took nearly 90 minutes. Won't be doing that too often. Now rather tired as had to get up early.

The hounds have now discovered that there is a Lab puppy in the house on one side and a Rottweiler in one of the houses on the other side, so are now having barking competitions which I'm sure the neighbourhood will love...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Site meeting done and dusted of which nothing will come.

Them: I want this.
    Me: It won't fit.
    Them *produces fag packet sketch* I WANT this.
    Me: It still won't fit.
    Them: I've been on the internet and...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    smashing my head against a wall.

will someone mind popping home to get me my machine gun please.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle

Site meeting done and dusted of which nothing will come.

Them: I want this.
    Me: It won't fit.
    Them *produces censored packet sketch* I WANT this.
    Me: It still won't fit.
    Them: I've been on the internet and...

wht? why are people like this? why?

it
    hurts
    my
    head
  • why is f a g censored?
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,669

why is f a g censored?

They might think you are referring to an Uranian

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• MattFalle

why is f a g censored?

homophobic slur
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

The former.

It's a mysterwy...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    A speedy drive back in an hour and 40. Wahey. Next time I'm going to take a leaf out of tlw's book and do a hybrid commute and drive to where I used to live, ditch the car and then either take the train or ride from there.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    Stevo_666 said:

A speedy drive back in an hour and 40. Wahey. Next time I'm going to take a leaf out of tlw's book and do a hybrid commute and drive to where I used to live, ditch the car and then either take the train or ride from there.

Might be easier to just buy a house near where you're parking.
  • Stevo_666
    thistle_ said:

Stevo_666 said:

Thought I was in Cake Stop Stop for a minute ;) Didn't want to live there any more - happy to park there though :)
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    thistle_ said:

Stevo_666 said:

Maybe he should put in an offer on his old house?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

thistle_ said:

Stevo_666 said:

Maybe he should put in an offer on his old house?
    Have a Cake Stop smartarse award. Except thistle already said that :)
  • MattFalle
    edited November 2021
  • tetley10
    tetley10 Posts: 693
    Stevo_666 said:

Bit of rule 5 and ride the whole way...
  • MattFalle
    T10 speaks sense we think....
  • pinno

• Stevo_666
    tetley10 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Bit of rule 5 and ride the whole way...
    You're probably right.
  • pinno
    Without Googling Stevo, what is Rule 5?