What can’t you buy Mavic Ksyrium Elites?

Considering these were the go to upgrade for many years can anyone advise why the rim version is no longer available to buy?

Comments

• redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    Not really sure. Seem to remember reading that as part of the survival package/ takeover they were simplifying their product range. Whether the elites (rim version) were part of this or if it's just down to the ongoing component shortages worldwide is anyone's guess. Have you tried to contact them?
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    edited November 2021
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 16,961
    MattFalle said:
    What is shown in stock at a lbs's website doesn't necessarily mean it's in stock.
  • redvision said:

Not really sure. Seem to remember reading that as part of the survival package/ takeover they were simplifying their product range. Whether the elites (rim version) were part of this or if it's just down to the ongoing component shortages worldwide is anyone's guess. Have you tried to contact them?

The Elites no longer appear on the Mavic page so they don't make that particular model anymore. It looks like the Ksyrium S is the equivalent (ish) and is available in both rim and disc brake versions
  • MattFalle

MattFalle said:
    What is shown in stock at a lbs's website doesn't necessarily mean it's in stock.
    that as maybe our kid, but the OP is saying that you can't get them yet there they (theoretically) are

if they are that desperate for them they could, oh I don't know, always pick up the telephone and ask.
  • First.Aspect
    Yes, Captain Obvious.
  • MattFalle
    Captain? Ffs, that's an insult if I ever read one....
  • First.Aspect
    Is captain only a high rank in the navy then?

Personally I'd like to be less obvious than captain.
  • masjer
    masjer Posts: 2,613
    Major annoyance? Private dancer? General disappointment?
  • MattFalle
    masjer said:

massive punch in the face?
  • MattFalle

Is captain only a high rank in the navy then?

Personally I'd like to be less obvious than captain.

Captain is well, a Captain.

its a bit like upper middle management. Nearly a player but not quite.
  • masjer
    MattFalle said:

masjer said:

Deep breaths, let it out, let it out.
    And relax.
  • MattFalle
    masjer said:

MattFalle said:

masjer said:

Deep breaths, let it out, let it out.
    And relax.
    😂😂😂😁
  • MattFalle
    Merlin has them on sale as well so I have absolutely no idea what the OP is on about

https://www.merlincycles.com/mavic-ksyrium-sl-disc-wheelset-700c-244091.html
  • First.Aspect
    He wants the rim brake version.

Personally I'd be looking on fleabay. If it is on there it actually exists (assuming legitimate seller) and when I was in the market a couple of months ago there were lots of ex demo and other basically new wheelsets on there.
  • MattFalle
  • To be fair to the OP, neither Hargroves or Leisure Lakes actually have the wheels in stock, those must be old pages that have not been deleted. I get this a lot when searching for products via google, rather than direct searches on the retailer website.
  • MattFalle
    oh look, at chain reaction as well, which means tbey will be at Wiggle.

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobile/je/en/mavic-ksyrium-sl-road-wheelset/rp-prod204952
  • bmxboy10
    bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
    MattFalle every link you have posted is for a different variant of the wheelset! And so aggressive….
  • bmxboy10
    My question was why are the Elites (rim version) not available given there popularity!
  • MattFalle
    they are

click on link - it'll take you to the mavic section on the website. scroll to wheel you want.

not angry, just honest.
  • MattFalle
    edited November 2021
    Clementine at Alltricks en Grance has them as them but you probably can't get them off her because farage and johnson and their bunch of racist small minded bigoted tossers ruined that for you.

you got blue passports but no wheels, so who's laughing now, eh?
  • me-109
    me-109 Posts: 1,915
    If you mean second hand, then in all likelihood because they are popular, which means they are liked, so retained not sold.
  • Because Mavic don't make them anymore is the only answer the op actually needs.
  • MattFalle
    apart from at loads of places it seems.
  • bmxboy10
    MattFalle said:

Sorry you are incorrect. I’m leaving this here.
  • andyrr
    andyrr Posts: 1,822
    MattFalle said:

except these are going to be NOS as Mavic do not sell them anymore (the specific model that the OP noted). They are also obviously available outside of retailers, on ebay etc. Plenty of goods no longer "available" can be purchased in this way but there probably won't be any manufacturers warranty. You could likely purchase a zero miles Austin Allegro from a garage that has one tucked away but if someone asked "Is an Austin Allegro still available to buy?" then the answer really is no.
    OP might have made their query clearer, having had a search and found Mavic / their retailers no longer listing the wheels for sale, that they wanted a brand new pair of wheels.

I was having a random search of ebay last night and started looking for Principia frames as I have one (a Rex e which I love and really don't need a new frame). There are 1 or 2 listed as 'new' but they aren't made any more so buying one from ebay, even from an ebay shop would, to me, be like buying from a private seller with regards any real warranty were there to be any issues in a few months time. So they are available but lacking the usual safeguards attributed to new goods.
  • masjer
    You could likely purchase a zero miles Austin Allegro from a garage that has one tucked away but if someone asked "Is an Austin Allegro still available to buy?" then the answer really is no.

There must be some real sickos about if they're after an Austin Allegro. ;)