• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,325
    Ben6899 said:

The bike has proper mounting points

So he doesn't need to richard about
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,152
    I've got the clip on SKS raceblades.
    Watch the guards don't rub the frame as you're riding - a patch of helitape where they go through the frame stops it damaging the paint.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,355
    thistle_ said:

I've got the clip on SKS raceblades.
    Watch the guards don't rub the frame as you're riding - a patch of helitape where they go through the frame stops it damaging the paint.

But Ben has proper mounts.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,413
    I have a thick broom handle at home that could be shaved and slowly bowed over a few months to form a mudguard shape, then with a lot of time and effort could be fitted to Ben’s bike if he doesn’t have mounts?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

I have a thick broom handle at home that could be shaved and slowly bowed over a few months to form a mudguard shape, then with a lot of time and effort could be fitted to Ben’s bike if he doesn’t have mounts?

You need to put the broom handle in a wood steamer for 6 hours and then it will bend.
    Ben - you need to build yourself a wood steamer mate.

Maybe VN has some left over Bamboo that's the right sort of shape.
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

Mounts or not, he's still going to have to attach the broom handle somehow.
    I like grab adhesive personally. Although duct tape is good for the short term.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,413
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

You need to put the broom handle in a wood steamer for 6 hours and then it will bend.
    Ben - you need to build yourself a wood steamer mate.

This is the solution. If only he had mounts, poor b.ugger.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

Mounts or not, he's still going to have to attach the broom handle somehow.
    I like grab adhesive personally. Although duct tape is good for the short term.
    just nail it on

problem sorted
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,325
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

Grow the bamboo to shape using a worn out 700c rim as the former, only takes a little while as it grows fast*

*ish
  • pinno
    An old motorbike tyre cut to size. That is the solution.
    MF?

Still got to mount it but it will bond readily with Tiger seal and some liquid bitumen to smooth out the bumps.