saturday let us see how the wine-glass flushes

2»

Comments

• tetley10
    tetley10 Posts: 693
    tetley10 said:

johngti said:

tetley10 said:

1-1 draw. Not bad considering I haven't played in goal for 35 years.

How many shots on goal then? And did you do all that shouting and gesticulating that goalies seem to do?
    Well the one that beat me was from 40 yards and one of the purest strikes I've seen in saturday football, at 5ft 9 (8) I wasn't getting anywhere near it. Other than that I was Pickford esque.

I imagine my keeping was better than your reffing

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,324
    Ooh, I do like mushrooms.
    Lad has got some friends round sat in the back garden with the chimenea going. He just came in to say his friends may have offended the neighbours. Good job they are moving and I never liked them anyway 😂
    Actually, had a former neighbour drop in for a cup of tea earlier, seems I don't hate everyone.
    Had a good afternoon, managed a bit of a ride and a bit of a walk. Stole a baby for the walk, he wasn't very good company as he slept for the first half of it and didn't talk much for the second half. Dumped him back with his mum and rode home.
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    tetley10 said:

johngti said:

tetley10 said:

How many shots on goal then? And did you do all that shouting and gesticulating that goalies seem to do?
    Well the one that beat me was from 40 yards and one of the purest strikes I've seen in saturday football, at 5ft 9 (8) I wasn't getting anywhere near it. Other than that I was Pickford esque.

5-9?? In platforms maybe 😉

My reffing was perfectly adequate I’ll have you know. Well, maybe not “perfectly” but definitely adequate.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,410
    tetley10 said:

tetley10 said:

johngti said:

tetley10 said:

I imagine my keeping was better than your reffing

I would have made a brilliant goalie, I don’t like jumping on the floor, getting muddy or putting myself in harms way but apart from that 👍
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    tetley10 said:

johngti said:

tetley10 said:

what - you let in loads of penalties, got embarrased by Italians and have never won anything?

#oh
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle

MattFalle said:

Quick one - 'Dale R400 - basically a CAAD4 frame with craap components?

I vaguely recall reading that Cannondale usually only did one version of a frame, and just the component set was different - a Tiagra and Dura Ace model were basically the identical frameset, different paint maybe.

grazie! loads illogically logical if you know what I mean.
  • MattFalle

Afternoon folks,
    Traditional slow start was enjoyed, now relaxing for all I'm worth. Female child has gone shopping with the EPO and the lad is at his girlfriend's so enjoying the peace and quiet. Off to see friend's daughter and the baby to lend a shoulder and a little moral support shortly, hopefully that situation will be resolved before too long.
    Put an offer of the asking price on a house for the old dear on Wednesday, haven't had it accepted yet even though she has the sale of hers agreed so is virtually a cash buyer. I think there is something going on with the solicitor handling the probate on the house being sold.

seanoconn said:

Get the missus hooked on cycling, yay or nay? Serious question.

Yay, assuming you want to spend time with her. Wish I could get mine interested. Even offered to buy her an ebike or get us a tandem.
    MattFalle said:

Quick one - 'Dale R400 - basically a CAAD4 frame with craap components?

Have you bought it yet?
    looking at it on Tuesday so if he wants more than £100 for frame and forks he can jog on.