Endurance vs gravel bike

Hey! I have big dilemma - endurance vs road bike. Right now I have... both, but need more space for something and have to say "goodbye" to one of them. Not sure what option will be the best. 
First, my current setup:

Endurance alloy (with carbon fork) road bike 
- Full Ultegra R8000/R8020 11s groupset - hydro brakes, 50/34T + 11-32T
- Thru-axles (12x100 + 12x142)
- Custom build alloy wheels - DT R470 + DR R350, internal width 20 mm, ~1750g
- Schwalbe Pro One 700x28c
- Tire clearance: front ~700x40c / rear ~700x35c
- Weight: ~9.2 kg

Gravel alloy (with carbon fork) road bike
- GRX 600 shifters, GRX 800 crankset 1x 42T + XT cassette 11-40T, GRX RD812 1x
- Thru-axles (12x100 + 12x142)
- OEM wheels - DT R500 + Shimano tiagra hubs, internal width 24 mm, ~2100g
- Gravelkings EXT 700x38c
- Tire clearance: 700x50c
- Weight: ~10.5 kg

I ride... I think in mix way. "Every day" cycling is 50/50 roads and fine gravels, but few times a year a make some bigger, one-day trips like 250-400 km, 99% on roads.
Do not race, and do not plan to race, but like fast riding. Do not make and do not want any backpacking, I'm not bike-wanderer and definitely want to sleep in bed ;) 
Also, want simple things. Already tested 1x on road and really like that idea, something like 46T front + 11-34T on my local (mostly flat) area and second cassette for mountains.

But, what do you think, which bike will be better? Gravel gives me more opportunities, but in reality, probably I will not use them. Road bike is lighter and with some comfort limits, but with 700x32c tires like Gravelkings SS should be nice choice.
I also consider second wheelset, but gravel bike has strange issue - it has thru axle, but every time I unmount and mount again front wheel, I have to adjust brake caliper.
​​​​​​​That issue doesn't not occur on road bike. I checked rotors, pads etc, everything is fine. 

Comments

• singleton
    singleton Posts: 2,523
    Getting one bike to fit 2 purposes will inevitably feel like a compromise at some point or other - so I'd keep the bike that fits most of your needs most of the time - which sounds like the endurance bike.

CX riders have a max tyre width of 33mm and they seem to manage some pretty hardcore offroad conditions, so 35mm tyres should be fine if it's light off roading.

Having said that, I used a carbon gravel bike with 1 gearing as my winter bike last year and it was great.