advice on shoes - one boa+velcro, or 2 BOAs ? Shimano RC5 ? RC7 ? Mavic Cosmic Elite SL ?

I’m not happy with my current shoes (too much play/space in front area - mistake with buying, when i was comparing comfort and size to MTB flat shoes )
I’m thinking about these:
(100-110e) - with one BOA and Velcro
Fizik R5 Tempo Overcurve BOA
Mavic Cosmic Elite SL BOA (i was able to try it and the fit was nice)
Shimano RC5a bit more expensive with 2 BOA (150-160e):
Northwave Revolution 2
Shimano RC7
Does second BOA make big difference? reviewers say they can’t see big diff. about velcro/boa (comparing shimano RC5 to RC7)

i know it's not only about BOA or 2, but higher shoe has better stiffness as well.
​​​​​​​Any advices ? :)

Comments

• johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Don’t get too caught up on the idea of stiffness. Choose a pair that you like the look of and that fit you. This might involve visiting a shop. I went for giro techlace when I was last looking. One boa and decent Velcro attached to slightly stretchy laces. Very comfy.
  • ibr17xvii
    ibr17xvii Posts: 1,065
    Got my 1st pair of 2 BOA shoes last year & they are big step up from the 1BOA / Velcro combo IMHO. Much more adjustability to get the fit you want.

I wouldn’t go back to Velcro now TBH.
  • wongataa
    wongataa Posts: 1,001
    First of all work out which brand(s) of shoe fit your feet properly. You will need to try shoes on to do this. When you know that then look at the features of the various models and see what is available in your budget. When you have that info you can pick a particular model of shoe that meets your needs.