sunday searching harrods' vaults for the ninth lion of inanna

'ning

gloomy forecast, not as nippy

ride and cafes and lazing
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Enroute to scouselandshire, hoping my stuff will be where I leave it.
    13.1m meander followed by beers.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    Yet again HD wins the longest run award, mine is a gentle hour. Looking round here should have brought road shoes.

Then I assume seafood and wine.

Mussels with roquefort was the winner yesterday
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,399
    Thread title reminds of the days working in Harrods vaults as a teenager and dropping that lion on the floor. Whoopsies.

Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,399
    tlw1 said:

Yet again HD wins the longest run award, mine is a gentle hour. Looking round here should have brought road shoes.

With some nice bread I hope?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • tlw1
    seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

With some nice bread I hope?
    Hell yeah
  • tlw1
    Biggest hill I found on todays run 😢
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Morning. Been for a ride, the cabling fettling yesterday has definitely stopped the rattling although the rear brake seems to have developed a bit of a longer throw on the lever now. Bled the brakes yesterday, couldn't persuade any more air bubbles out, they still work fine so add to the list of stuff to maybe look at again some time. Anyway, only a short one, home in less than an hour.

Teen GTi's isolation stops today so he can rejoin the family which is lovely. Poor kid's missed out on 10 days worth of hugs - think he's missed it more than any of the rest of us (although I did cheat a little bit and gave him a goodnight hug last night).

Otherwise, not much planned. Just about to treat everyone here to a McDonalds breakfast.

Have a good day everyone!
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,670
    A McD breakfast is a treat, not a punishment? 🤔

Sun peeking out. This 'don't do mornings person' will eventually get his arris up and out, bit of climbing, bit of gravel, bit of tarmac, bit of mud but hopefully not too much of the latter. #2 100% pure Colombian required first though.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,315
    orraloon said:

A McD breakfast is a treat, not a punishment? 🤔

I no longer wonder why he has play in his brakes.

Today shall be mainly dad's taxi.

Anyone seen an MF recently? It's somewhat disconcerting when they are about but worse when you don't know where they are about.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    The kids love it - the muffins aren’t awful. Personally, I prefer the American diner that’s not very far away but I rarely get my way.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,559
    Cleaned up a load of stuff from the shed out for council collection this week. Still a few bits under consideration.

Popped round to visit Mum, just to get some shouting practice in because she'd forgotten to charge the hearing aids.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,415
    Hounds walked and now snoozing post feed. Onto more of the same house stuff till Thursday. Now sorting sorting out the last stuff in the shed and boxing up the things that the movers won't take themselves (paint, engine oil etc).
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    Afternoon folks,
    Traditional slow start was enjoyed, now relaxing as I don't want to overdo it. Still not feeling quite right, was out for the day yesterday with friend's daughter and baby which completely exhausted me. Was hoping to get out for a ride but even walking up the stairs is breaking me so taking it easy. Have taken tests so don't seem to have covid at least.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,670
    Ride rided. Headwind out, crosswind all along the top of the ridge, tailwind back, plan. Southerly wind still cold though.

Today's confrontation? White van man? No. A Karen in a Kia? No. 4 geese. Plenty space, they saw me coming, poss didn't like the fluoro jacket, got in formation, full posturing and hissing, too slow to get me. I did say while weaving past "Christmas is coming..."

A good bike ride is so good for the mind, now chilled, relaxed, no worries.
  • pinno
    orraloon said:

...full posturing and hissing, too slow to get me. I did say while weaving past "Christmas is coming..."

Well, you deserved to be hissed at.

• pinno
    Despite the windy conditions, I had a good ride.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,415
    oxoman said:

Afternoon All. Football match attended, Dog given long family walk. Currently winding up not so young oxo about Man utds current predicament against the scousers. Any former Man U fans on here can wind up.

Always good to see Manure get a pasting. Think I'll watch MOTD tonight for fun.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,141
    pinno said:

Anyone seen an MF recently? It's somewhat disconcerting when they are about but worse when you don't know where they are about.

I've checked all over the North Downs but found nothing.
    tlw1 said:

Biggest hill I found on todays run

Bigger than the one we found this morning: the trig point was in the car park.
  • tlw1
    thistle_ said:

pinno said:

I've checked all over the North Downs but found nothing.
    tlw1 said:

Biggest hill I found on todays run

Bigger than the one we found this morning: the trig point was in the car park.
    😂