Aethos build - small parts question/need

In the process of building a new bike beginning with a new Aethos S-Works frame. Get to the stage of installing the hydraulic brakes and realize that the two grommets that hold the brake lines in place as they enter/exit the frame and fork are missing from the small parts that come with the frame. The User Manual lists the two grommets in the parts table on page 6 and shows them in the diagram on page 5 (https://support.specialized.com/aethos/en/service-maintenance/manuals).

The part number is S179900013 and the official name is MSC MY17 ROUBAIX / VENGE VIAS 7.5MM ANGLED ICR GROMMET. Incidentally the rear derailleur plug (S179900015)or a wireless install is also missing.

I've looked online and can't find a source for the S179900013 Grommet and S179900015 derailleur plug. Amain Cycling is the only online source that even lists the part in the US, but of course the grommet is sold out until late December and plug is discontinued.

I can complete the build without these parts, but it will feel incomplete/wrong to do so. The brake line will rattle around with out the grommet.

Anyone know how or where I can get these small parts?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Indeed it is. I found that shop as well, however, they don't ship/sell to the states. Guess I should have stared clearly that I'm in the U.S....
  • pwdrskr
    pwdrskr Posts: 8
    edited October 2021
    that too, it is listed as out of stock on that site also. Not to mention, the "won't ship to the U.S." problem.

That shop will only sell and ship to Great Britain and Ireland customers. I have a buddy in Dublin, so thought I could just have it shipped to him and he could send it along to me. Tried to do it, and the shop's system wouldn't accept my credit card. Tried PayPal and that "forced" me to use my U.S. address, which in turn wasn't accepted by the shop.

I'll also add that this online checkout is one of the worst I've come across. Very poorly designed, IMO.
  • laurentian
    laurentian Posts: 2,389
    Apologies - didn't realise you were in the US (now see it in your original post!)
    Wilier Izoard XP
  • Apologies - didn't realise you were in the US (now see it in your original post!)

No worries. It would seem that the only sources for a consumer are in Europe. I've read that in the U.S. consumers have to work through a bike shop to get small parts. Amain Cycling is the only place for the U.S. consumer to order online. Will be calling Specialized customer services in about 15 minutes (when they open)
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Mug off the online stuff - just phone them and pay over the phone with your credit card and ask them to send to your mate in Dublin.

I did exactly that when needing some Cervelo bits that were only available in the US - call shop, shop sends to friend in NJ, NJ sends to me.

What delayed everything was that imbecile Trump messing up the postal system to try and stop Biden crushing him in the election but it all still worked fine.

or am i missing something?
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,702
    If they're missing from a new frame, talk to the shop you got it from and/or Specialized. You shouldn't have to source and buy something that should be included.
  • If they're missing from a new frame, talk to the shop you got it from and/or Specialized. You shouldn't have to source and buy something that should be included.

Agreed. However, these are inexpensive parts, and if it means getting them faster, I'll pay for it. That said, I have to get in touch with someone first... I've tried emailing and using the web contact form to contact Specialized. So far no response. I'll be calling them in about 30 minutes.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Are you sure it's not all part of the weight saving?
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Ben6899 said:

Are you sure it's not all part of the weight saving?

Always a possibility, LOL. Theese two parts are shown on both the parts diagram and the corresponding parts table. They should have been included. FWIW, the rear brake adapter screws also weren't included. I have these though...
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    pwdrskr said:

If they're missing from a new frame, talk to the shop you got it from and/or Specialized. You shouldn't have to source and buy something that should be included.

Agreed. However, these are inexpensive parts, and if it means getting them faster, I'll pay for it. That said, I have to get in touch with someone first... I've tried emailing and using the web contact form to contact Specialized. So far no response. I'll be calling them in about 30 minutes.
    why don't you call the shop that has them in stock at the same time?
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • pwdrskr
    pwdrskr Posts: 8
    edited October 2021
    OK, never could get through to anyone at Specialized. Kind of annoying that their phone system just diverts to voicemail.

However, I did get through to the shop that I bought the frame from and wonder of wonders, they have the parts in stock. Going to mail me what I need. My OCD will be satisfied.

Much appreciation to the help and suggestions....
  • womack
    womack Posts: 566
    pwdrskr said:

However, I did get through to the shop that I bought the frame from and wonder of wonders, they have the parts in stock. Going to mail me what I need. My OCD will be satisfied.

Probably the parts that should have come with your frame 🙂
  • womack said:

pwdrskr said:

Probably the parts that should have come with your frame 🙂
    Very true...