Mudguard help

Hi,

Trying to fit SKS Bluemels to my Vitus Razor Disc.

The rear mounting bolts are located on the inside of the seatstays. As you can see from the photo, the stays do not seem to be anywhere near long enough to feed through guard eyes? I don't think bending them will make much difference. The guard is attached at the rear of the BB/chaiinstay junction in the pic.

Any help appreciated, or pics of how others have fitted guards to similar bikes.

Comments

• Apologies, don't know why the image has gotten rotated
  • Looks to me like you have the stays the wrong way round - should fit if you rotate them and not the photo ;-)
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,630
    edited October 2021
    The stay will be symmetrical, because for most bikes the eyelets are close to the axle.

So, they aren't going to fit, basically.
  • alwaystimetotorque - that's what I thought initially too. But First.Aspect is right they are symmetrical. Suspect you are right First.Aspect. Frustrating as the bike is advertised as mudguard compatible. Will contact Wiggle to see if there is a specific guard for it.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,584
    edited October 2021
    What a s0d that is :# I'm ordering a bike that has them in the same place, but they sell guards that are designed to fit it, so should be ok.
    Bit of a pain though if it ends up being proprietary guards only that will fit, and for such a generic\basic fitting piece really.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • Ah ok - I'm sure my bluemels came with one leg longer than the other. Might be worth looking at straight rod and bending to suit maybe. Or you could re-bend what you already have as the overall length is ok just that you need one length longer than the other.
  • Seems SKS sell an extra long stay kit, which is 3cm longer. Should just about do.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,584
    edited October 2021

Seems SKS sell an extra long stay kit, which is 3cm longer. Should just about do.

That's good to know @kingofthetailwind - I have some portland design works guards I might want to fit to a bike with mounts where yours are.
    Don't have a linky do you?
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18