Dull title Friday thread

Hounds, office too far from home, much meeting fun with the last one deep into ‘we should be on the road now it’s Friday FFS time’

Then pub

Comments

  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674
    Ah hah, your title was so dull that sg missed it...
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,532
    orraloon said:

    Ah hah, your title was so dull that sg missed it...

    ^^^this

    bs2:1804 clearly states that the day shall be the first word in the thread title
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,330
    Oh no it doesn't.
    (BB Pantomime anyone?)

    Jeezo, a frost last night?!
    That's a bit of a change but very sunny, clear blue sky and no wind - perfect pedalling ahead of me, if I can judge the apparel as things warm up a tad.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,532
    pinno said:

    Oh no it doesn't.
    (BB Pantomime anyone?)

    Jeezo, a frost last night?!
    That's a bit of a change but very sunny, clear blue sky and no wind - perfect pedalling ahead of me, if I can judge the apparel as things warm up a tad.

    oh yes it does

    bs1:1668 defines the parastichy helices of the pineapple
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,146
    sungod said:

    pinno said:

    Oh no it doesn't.
    (BB Pantomime anyone?)

    Jeezo, a frost last night?!
    That's a bit of a change but very sunny, clear blue sky and no wind - perfect pedalling ahead of me, if I can judge the apparel as things warm up a tad.

    oh yes it does

    bs1:1668 defines the parastichy helices of the pineapple
    BS -1 says that it's behind you
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,330
    sungod said:

    pinno said:

    Oh no it doesn't.
    (BB Pantomime anyone?)

    Jeezo, a frost last night?!
    That's a bit of a change but very sunny, clear blue sky and no wind - perfect pedalling ahead of me, if I can judge the apparel as things warm up a tad.

    oh yes it does

    bs1:1668 defines the parastichy helices of the pineapple
    Believer: Do you not conform to the code of the Pineapple?
    An Enlightened One: No, there is no Pineapple code.
    B: You're going to hell and you will be thrashed with the prickly things.
    AEO: No I won't because the Pineapple is simply a fruit and hell is actually no Mango.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Are we using this one or the other one?
    .
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • I'm going with popularity, so this one.

    Off to a beer festival this afternoon, sleeping in a glamping pod then back to the beer on Saturday.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,532
    MattFalle said:

    Are we using this one or the other one?

    first post is the one that counts, it's the law
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,401
    Anyone know the model of this sidi? Were too big for me 10 years ago and just come across them again in a work cupboard. May as well stick em on eBay.





    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Sidi Horrendapigs.
    .
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,480
    At least it's sunny now - was dull as **** first thing. Plenty work but will fit a bit more move prep in later on before slumping in front of the box with some tramp fuel. Stropteen is back for the weekend for a bit of a break from Scouseland so we're encouraging to do some of her own packing while she's here.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,300
    Afternoon folks,
    Been up to the smoke for the day with the EPO. Wandered around on the South Bank and took in a bit of culture at Tate Modern, got home before commuter chaos kicked in. Might wander up to the boozer later.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674
    edited October 2021
    Interesting day. Sesh up until lunchtime, after a mad pedal to get there on time for 9, I don't do mornings, picking grapes, red German variety Dornfelder. Nice mixed group, v friendly peeps, several French nationals so realised just how rusty is my French now. Some friends there as well.

    Then they laid on a home cooked lunch, inc some lovely ice cream courtesy Mooreen the domestic cow. 2 varieties of white, a v tasty rosé and a red. Hic. Definitely a wobble home late pm after lengthy liquid luncheon plus watching the crew process the grapes through the destalker machine into the press.

    Different and enjoyable. Tick today.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,330
    What frikkin thread. help.
    pinno said:

    Lovely ride taken at a slow, bog trot, geriatric's pace which was great 'cos it was twice as fast as the last ride.




    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,300
    pinno said:

    What frikkin thread. help.

    pinno said:

    Lovely ride taken at a slow, bog trot, geriatric's pace which was great 'cos it was twice as fast as the last ride.




    This one, pull up a chair and make yourself comfortable.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,330
    The damn hedge was in the way - couldn't get a shot above it because the sands and the meandering streams into the bay was stunning.
    Next time, i'll strap a ladder to the bike.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,330
    Tumbleweed time in the rest of the forum.
    The square pants brigade, there's no way they are out having fun.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    edited October 2021
    pinno said:

    The damn hedge was in the way - couldn't get a shot above it because of my really short legs.
    Next time, i'll strap a ladder to the bike.

    ftfy

    .
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    pinno said:

    Tumbleweed time in the rest of the forum.
    The square pants brigade, there's no way they are out having fun.

    tripleR Andrew RRR made a really good post about tyres on turbo trainers that wasn't really good at all if that helps.
    .
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,330
    MattFalle said:

    pinno said:

    Tumbleweed time in the rest of the forum.
    The square pants brigade, there's no way they are out having fun.

    tripleR Andrew RRR made a really good post about tyres on turbo trainers that wasn't really good at all if that helps.
    Nope, sorry. Boredom scale 97/100.
    It would be 100 if I was sat in my car in a car park.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,330
    MattFalle said:

    pinno said:

    The damn hedge was in the way - couldn't get a shot above it because of my really short legs.
    Next time, i'll strap a ladder to the bike.

    ftfy

    You will shrink when I get out my Voodoo dolls.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    pinno said:

    MattFalle said:

    pinno said:

    Tumbleweed time in the rest of the forum.
    The square pants brigade, there's no way they are out having fun.

    tripleR Andrew RRR made a really good post about tyres on turbo trainers that wasn't really good at all if that helps.
    Nope, sorry. Boredom scale 97/100.
    It would be 100 if I was sat in my car in a car park.
    i'm waiting up waiting for bambina to get dropped back from baby sitting duties at a friend's house.

    i'm tired, slightly squiffy and my eyes hurt.

    i just want to go to bed.
    .
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    pinno said:

    MattFalle said:

    pinno said:

    Tumbleweed time in the rest of the forum.
    The square pants brigade, there's no way they are out having fun.

    tripleR Andrew RRR made a really good post about tyres on turbo trainers that wasn't really good at all if that helps.
    Nope, sorry. Boredom scale 97/100.
    It would be 100 if I was sat in my car in a car park.
    tbf, its on a par with his normal material.
    .
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    pinno said:

    MattFalle said:

    pinno said:

    The damn hedge was in the way - couldn't get a shot above it because of my really short legs.
    Next time, i'll strap a ladder to the bike.

    ftfy

    You will shrink when I get out my Voodoo dolls.
    i am not scared of your voodoo schmoodoo. i will laugh at their feeble over worldly powers
    .
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,330
    MattFalle said:

    pinno said:

    MattFalle said:

    pinno said:

    Tumbleweed time in the rest of the forum.
    The square pants brigade, there's no way they are out having fun.

    tripleR Andrew RRR made a really good post about tyres on turbo trainers that wasn't really good at all if that helps.
    Nope, sorry. Boredom scale 97/100.
    It would be 100 if I was sat in my car in a car park.
    i'm waiting up waiting for bambina to get dropped back from baby sitting duties at a friend's house.

    i'm tired, slightly squiffy and my eyes hurt.

    i just want to go to bed.
    Shurely bambina can let herself in and lock up doting Dad.

    Then she can buy you a pint tomorrow with her earnings.

    Seen Andy RR's post. More boring than sitting in a ca...
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,330
    I feel squiffy after 40 miles and a cold that the toots brought home to test daddy's immune system out.
    Banjaxed but somehow, in a sado masochistic, i'm Paris Roubaix hard sort of way, feel good..
    Made Chicken Korma and Naan bread. Was ace. I'm stuffed.
    It's great being a cyclist - go for a long ride and stuff your face for the rest of the day and probably still be in Calorie deficit.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,330
    Communting chat is dead. It's offishal.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,146
    pinno said:

    Communting chat is dead. It's offishal.

    Too much WFH
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,480
    pinno said:

    Communting chat is dead. It's offishal.

    I don't think many people will be shedding tears over that. A few of us have been around long enough to remember some of the regulars in there trying to sabotage Bottom Bracket. If they want some chat now they'll have to come here :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]