Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

wednesday as the bus drops off the mirvs

'ning

ride, nip in to gmc, cafe, wfh, evening of much bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Posts

  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 20,085
    Hounds, WFH, hounds, WFH, hounds then maybe fun bike and pub

    Hounds get a lot of walks
  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 9,731
    Morning from a John Majorish Morning. No bike today as running tonight.
    Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 46,835
    There's a hint of sun through the clouds here in tropical SE London as I look out of the train window. Plenty to do today and soon the big rush towards the house move will start.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_thistle_ Posts: 5,605
    oxoman said:

    Morning from a John Majorish Morning. No bike today as running tonight.

    It's better here this morning than it was last night:

    Still damp and humid while running for the train to WFW.
  • elbowlohelbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Boy taken to nursery, WFH and health visitor coming round this morning at 11.00. Yay.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • pinnopinno Posts: 42,791
    elbowloh said:

    Boy taken to nursery, WFH and health visitor coming round this morning at 11.00. Yay.

    How is the OH Elbow?

    Yep - grey here but not too chilly.
    Tricky's eye has swollen up and looks like an infection but can we see a GP?
    Well probably but you have to get past the Rottweiler gatekeepers first so it's off to the pharmacist and then if we're told to see a GP, it's off to A and E where they will not refuse to see her because they are A1 people and whilst I am there I will kick up stink about the canine defence league.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • elbowlohelbowloh Posts: 7,078
    pinno said:

    elbowloh said:

    Boy taken to nursery, WFH and health visitor coming round this morning at 11.00. Yay.

    How is the OH Elbow?

    Yep - grey here but not too chilly.
    Tricky's eye has swollen up and looks like an infection but can we see a GP?
    Well probably but you have to get past the Rottweiler gatekeepers first so it's off to the pharmacist and then if we're told to see a GP, it's off to A and E where they will not refuse to see her because they are A1 people and whilst I am there I will kick up stink about the canine defence league.
    Same, no imrovement.
    Waiting for two specialist appointments, one in November and one early December.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • homers_doublehomers_double Posts: 6,942
    Moist here, picking up the kids from the airport this afternoon and left of curry for lunch.
    Other than that, sweet FA to report.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • MattFalleMattFalle Posts: 6,156


    are you in a bunker?
  • orraloonorraloon Posts: 8,988
    MattFalle said:


    are you in a bunker?
    He's got a job as one of Priti Vacant's special border forces keeping watch for furriners. Don't panic Cap'n Mainwairing.

    Work worked. Avoided killing a learner moped rider who cut the blind 90 degree bend, I always take it slow and stay well in because of expected muppets coming the other way. Big swerve + wobble from mopeder, bet he/she kacked their pants as well.

    October is grey. I cannot wait for November...
  • elbowlohelbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Discovered this in the shed when looking for something else, was a Christmas present.

    Just put it together and will give it a go when a battery arrives.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • thistle_thistle_ Posts: 5,605
    MattFalle said:


    are you in a bunker?
    Looks like a pillbox guarding someone's driveway.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 46,835
    elbowloh said:

    Discovered this in the shed when looking for something else, was a Christmas present.

    Just put it together and will give it a go when a battery arrives.

    I could do with one of those to alert me to when Mrs. 666 is trying to sneak up on me and give me jobs to do.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 24,682 Lives Here
    thistle_ said:

    MattFalle said:


    are you in a bunker?
    Looks like a pillbox guarding someone's driveway.
    This, I was checking out Stevo's new gaff 😂
    Alternatively, in a pill box in the Rye Harbour nature reserve
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 46,835

    thistle_ said:

    MattFalle said:


    are you in a bunker?
    Looks like a pillbox guarding someone's driveway.
    This, I was checking out Stevo's new gaff 😂
    Alternatively, in a pill box in the Rye Harbour nature reserve
    We are getting the fencing sorted as soon as we move in, but that's more about keeping the mutts in than the riff raff out :smile:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 24,682 Lives Here
    Very wise, for both reasons.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 46,835
    edited 13 October

    Very wise, for both reasons.

    Yep, we seem to have at least half a dozen neighbours that we share a boundary with and it might be a bit tricky working out where the escaped mutt has gone. Won't get too any people coming our way accidentally as we're in a village on a cul de sac with only 3 other houses on it.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
Sign In or Register to comment.