Cero RC 35mm carbon discs and Continental GP5000 TL 32mm

I put these tubeless tyres on the above wheels and inflated using a pressure hose. i needed to take the valve core out and they popped on the rims no problem. i had one layer of muc off rim tape on top of what looked like black seal hiding the spokes in the rims.

When I took the air hose of they deflated but also popped off the rims. I've never seen this before and it made me a bit nervous that they might do this will low pressure or if i got a puncture for example as the results could be very unpleasant

They are on my gravel bike so loath to put tubes in.

Comments

• i.bhamra
    i.bhamra Posts: 304
    Did they completely unseat or just partially? I've had cases in the past where tyres have partially unseated but then been fine to deflate once sealant is in and been ridden on for a bit. Also if they were quite easy to fit then perhaps you want to consider adding another layer of tape for a tighter fit and reduced chance of them unseating.
  • They were super tight to fit - almost as if thats the issue and the rim are possibly low so slipping off
  • i.bhamra
    i.bhamra Posts: 304
    Based on my experience I'd persevere get the sealant in, ride them for a week or two and then see what happens when you deflate them. No promises all will be well of course...