Scott Spark 2022 release date

Hi, does anyone know when the 2022 models will be available?

Comments

• slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,480
    edited October 2021
    2024;-)
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • May/June 2022. Are you in the UK? Most dealers have already been given a set allocation, one shop I went in is literally getting 5 Spark's for the whole od 2022 and no choice on size or model within the Spark range. They had already pre-sold 4 of them!

As far as I understand it, the numbers coming in will be so low there is next to no chance of placing a special order anywhere.
  • joah
    joah Posts: 28
    Thanks. May/June is quite late isn't it? I thought most new models came out in Q4 of the preceding year. I am in the UK - and that sounds pretty depressing. This was a model I really wanted to consider buying. Do they have manufacturing/supply chain issues, or is the market here not that big for them?
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,480
    joah said:

Thanks. May/June is quite late isn't it? I thought most new models came out in Q4 of the preceding year. I am in the UK - and that sounds pretty depressing. This was a model I really wanted to consider buying. Do they have manufacturing/supply chain issues, or is the market here not that big for them?

Seriously, where have you been for the last 18 months?

“Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • joah
    Under a rock... I knew there were supply issues, just didn't realise it was that bad.
  • Yes, supply issues industry wide. You have to factor in that production is being distributed across a global market of which the UK is a small part.

If you really want one I would go into your local Scott dealer, if you have one, and let them know you are genuinely interested. On the off chance that one becomes available you might be in a good position to get first refusal. I have done this before and managed to get hold of bikes.
  • joah
    Yeah that's a good idea - I'll try hit up a few near me, thanks.
  • joah
    Well, having rung round many dealers, the situation is pretty dire. The low supply of bikes doesn't really look like getting resolved until Q3-4 next year. Definitely doesn't look like I'll be getting a bike (well the Scott Spark I want) unless a miracle happens. Feel sorry for the bike dealers - it's going to be a quiet year ahead.