wednesday in gouache applied with a pineapple

'ning

nippy

brekkie, cafe, funeral, cafe, smidge of wfh, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,682
    Damp. Hedging. Trim. Day.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,868
    Cold walk with the hounds, but nice



    Should have took a head torch though!



    Work stuff and hill repeats later, must resist the pub later as meeting the new company president on Thursday
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,149
    Got a good soaking on the last half of the ride to work. Hopefully it's not as soggy on the way back.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,492
    Another day wfh as rather busy and can do without the distractions. Structural survey came in on the house, nothing too costly or terminal so now waiting for the solicitors to do their stuff on the searches.

    Must do some exercise soon.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao

    Running around like a headless chicken, but most importantly - Chorus 10 speed rear short cage mech - ok for a 29 tooth rear cassette or am I going to run into glitches?
    .
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    MattFalle said:

    Ciao

    Running around like a headless chicken, but most importantly - Chorus 10 speed rear short cage mech - ok for a 29 tooth rear cassette or am I going to run into glitches?

    Campagnolo says no. People on the internet say yes. Try it, unless your bike has really long chainstays.
    Ben

    Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,315
    Afternoon folks,
    Busy day of wfh and fetching cups of tea for the EPO. She's twisted her ankle again, I'm sure it's just an excuse to get me to do the housework. Having to deal with copious amounts of stupid remotely which saves me beating anyone. As it's Wednesday I will be visiting a local hostelry later, it's traditional after all. Other than that not much going on. Definitely feeling atumnal.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Ben6899 said:

    MattFalle said:

    Ciao

    Running around like a headless chicken, but most importantly - Chorus 10 speed rear short cage mech - ok for a 29 tooth rear cassette or am I going to run into glitches?

    Campagnolo says no. People on the internet say yes. Try it, unless your bike has really long chainstays.
    I honestly thought 29 was within the "normal" range for any campag short cage mech?
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    elbowloh said:

    Ben6899 said:

    MattFalle said:

    Ciao

    Running around like a headless chicken, but most importantly - Chorus 10 speed rear short cage mech - ok for a 29 tooth rear cassette or am I going to run into glitches?

    Campagnolo says no. People on the internet say yes. Try it, unless your bike has really long chainstays.
    I honestly thought 29 was within the "normal" range for any campag short cage mech?

    Short cage = 26. I think.
    Ben

    Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Ben6899 said:

    elbowloh said:

    Ben6899 said:

    MattFalle said:

    Ciao

    Running around like a headless chicken, but most importantly - Chorus 10 speed rear short cage mech - ok for a 29 tooth rear cassette or am I going to run into glitches?

    Campagnolo says no. People on the internet say yes. Try it, unless your bike has really long chainstays.
    I honestly thought 29 was within the "normal" range for any campag short cage mech?

    Short cage = 26. I think.
    Well, i didn't know that.

    My belief was driven mainly when trying to buy groupsets (e.g. from Merlin) and you get to choose the component parts. So you pick a short cage mech and 11-29 given as an option for the cassette.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    I was agreeing with Ben on this but Wiggle et al are stating 30 max when buying a short cage Campag mech, so should all be ok, he says hoping..

    Lets give it a go and see.
    .
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Comme ca....


    .
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • Up early, off car shopping again involving a long-ish drive.

    I ran a 12-29 cassette with short cage mech in a Super Record setup, but that was 11 speed. I thought that was one of the changes made possible with the design. Did they do that range in 10 speed, seem to recall 27 was the biggest?
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,340
    I have a 28 on the cassette on my Colnago, with a short cage Record 10 rear mech. It works fine.


    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,340
    Anyhoo. Busy day doing not a lot amounting to... not a lot.
    Frikkin wevver. I don't want a pedal, I need a pedal.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    pinno said:

    I have a 28 on the cassette on my Colnago, with a short cage Record 10 rear mech. It works fine.


    mega - grazie!
    .
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644

    Up early, off car shopping again involving a long-ish drive.

    I ran a 12-29 cassette with short cage mech in a Super Record setup, but that was 11 speed. I thought that was one of the changes made possible with the design. Did they do that range in 10 speed, seem to recall 27 was the biggest?

    Must admit that I don't really have a clue here, but i'll go withWiggle's blurb as above and if its wrong just burn their warehouse down to learn them a lesson.
    .
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,340

    Up early, off car shopping again involving a long-ish drive.

    I ran a 12-29 cassette with short cage mech in a Super Record setup, but that was 11 speed. I thought that was one of the changes made possible with the design. Did they do that range in 10 speed, seem to recall 27 was the biggest?

    My Record 11 has a standard cage which actually looks quite long. I think it could accommodate just about anything.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Perhaps another reason why Campag is superior to Shimano?
    .
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.