Full face Helmet advice

I'm looking to buy my 16yr old a full face helmet. He does Enduro events and after getting to watch one for the first time last weekend I think it is a good idea.

I'm a roadie with no idea what's good or not and would appreciate some advice. Thanks

Comments

• There are a few types, full face one piece type and ones with a removable chin bar. The ones with a removable chin bar need to be "certified" for DH. I can't remember what that certification is but you can google it or someone else on here can tell you. Edit: Full Face or chin bar types; they both need the certification if you are competing.

An example of a chin bar type is the Bell Super 3. The great thing about the Bell Super is that you can buy them with or without the chin bar and you can use them with or without the chin bar. They still look perfectly OK without the chin bar (I'm wearing one in my signature picture). So you only need one helmet. Carry the chin bar in your back pack or leave it at home. They come with a camera mount and are goggles friendly.

Note: I am not an expert on this stuff. But this post should get the ball rolling, even if only for people to disagree with me! :)
  • reaperactual
    reaperactual Posts: 1,185
    edited September 2021
    There is also the Bell Super DH which is slightly different with smaller vents and just looks more substantial in design which I guess could meet whatever the regulations might be.

Maybe for events it would have to be a full face, one piece helmet? 🤔

Ball rolling x2 and waiting on the experts to chip in.🙂

• Thanks so far. He has a non full face for a bit of do it all and is cooler (temp not looks) to wear so probably don't need a convertible. The FF would be for events only