Another tyre recommendation thread

Hello,
Any thoughts on summer tubeless tyres to fit Mavic Ksyrium wheels? I'm replacing hutchinson fusion which have blistered for fun.

Best wishes,

Comments

• I've had the same issue with blistering on the Hutchinson Fusion tyres which is a shame as I think they're a really good tyre as far as ride quality and grip is concerned. I'm also still not sure what causes the blistering to happen. The same thing happened with a set of Mavic Yksion tyres which I had replaced under warranty. Some people have suggested that it's a reaction to the sealant but I find that hard to believe given it happened on the mavic tyres with their own sealant.

Anyway, I've bought a couple of different tyres to try - Pirelli P Zero and Goodyear Eagle F1. I've only ridden the pirelli to date and only for a few hundred miles but I'd recommend them.

I suppose it all depends on your budget as well though.
  • Thanks for the info.

Best wishes,
  • The Hutchinson Fusion 5 All Season 11 (what a catchy name to roll off the tongue :D ) as per https://www.merlincycles.com/hutchinson-fusion-5-all-season-11-storm-tlr-folding-road-tyre-700c-116846.html are supposed to be a very good balance between performance and durability.

Higher Hutchinson models and tyres such as Conti GP5000TL may well offer more performance in the short term, but depending upon your riding frequency and duration, they may well need binning by the end of the "summer season."
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • Ncovidius
    Ncovidius Posts: 229
    I use Vittoria Corsa TLs They’ve lasted pretty well, I’ve had one puncture in just over a year, and that was easily sorted with a worm. The rolling performance and grip is good too.
  • yellowv2
    yellowv2 Posts: 282
    IRC Formula Pro RBCC, been using them for three years very good tyres grippy and long lasting with good P resistance.

https://thecycleclinic.co.uk/collections/road-tyres

• oneoff
    oneoff Posts: 29
    Thanks for the info everyone.

Best wishes,