Carbon Planet X Track Wheels

So during lockdown i bought myself a Planet X carbon trackbike. Lovely looking thing and at a decent enough price! Velodrome has obviously been shut until recently. Needed a new tub on the front carbon Planet X wheel so went to LBS for them to do it. Asked them to remove the cog on the back which is a 14t. Combined with the front 48t think this is too high a gearing for me to get back into the track. Asked the LBS to removed cog as i couldn't and they've said they couldn't either! Just too stuck on! Now I don't know what to do. Do i change the front chainring to make it geared to my needs (£50+) or do i have the wheel rebuilt with a new hub? Or sell the wheels (with an honest mention of the stuck cog) and buy something else?
Any thought would be gratefully received.
Thanks
Gregg.
Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work in Ladbrokes

Comments

• imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Depends how they tried to remove it. If all else fails, tighten the cog into a vice and turn the wheel to loosen it. You will probably mash the cog in the process, but they always come off in the end.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    edited September 2021
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.