Principles and Money

2»

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,331
    Pross said:

They were killed unlawfully and those responsible eventually had to compensate the victims' families despite the system having failed them. So there's that.

From memory Womack has a deep seated hatred of anything to do with Liverpool due to Capel Celyn around 60 years ago so presumably the Hillsborough comments are an extension of that as though dozens of football supporters were personally responsible for the action of teh UK Government / Liverpool Corporation.
    I think anything from Womack can be dismissed as the ramblings of a crank unfortunately.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,699
    pblakeney said:

rjsterry said:

pblakeney said:

Again, the system is broken so just accept it instead of trying to fix it.
    Would you suggest the same to apply to building regulations? It's difficult so don't bother.

Fixing it is not the family's job. Undoubtedly the criminal justice system needs a huge overhaul. As with the Building Regs, that is the government's job.
    As per above, Ms Truss. It is my belief (even if incorrect) that the civil case will have impact on any legal proceedings.
    If the civil claim had gone to court then it could have, but it has been settled out of court, so I don't think it can. There are also time limits to making a civil claim. I think we can be reasonably certain that the family will have been advised of the different avenues open to them and the pros and cons of each.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,805
    rjsterry said:

pblakeney said:

rjsterry said:

pblakeney said:

Again, the system is broken so just accept it instead of trying to fix it.
    Would you suggest the same to apply to building regulations? It's difficult so don't bother.

Fixing it is not the family's job. Undoubtedly the criminal justice system needs a huge overhaul. As with the Building Regs, that is the government's job.
    As per above, Ms Truss. It is my belief (even if incorrect) that the civil case will have impact on any legal proceedings.
    If the civil claim had gone to court then it could have, but it has been settled out of court, so I don't think it can. There are also time limits to making a civil claim. I think we can be reasonably certain that the family will have been advised of the different avenues open to them and the pros and cons of each.
    Yeah, probably. I just see the extradition folder landing on somebody's desk and them saying "They've been paid off, go away.".
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • john80
    john80 Posts: 2,965
    If all you can do is make someone who should be facing jail time a bit poorer then I say go for it.