If your Boa dials go wrong . . .

sparquin
sparquin Posts: 69
edited September 2021 in Workshop
Executive summary: go to the Boa website and you can get a replacement through their lifetime guarantee.

A complete timeline:
Monday, about six in the evening, I notice that the Boa dial on my left shoe (Specialized Road Expert, good name for a shoe, definitely not a description of the wearer) is a bit stiff when I try to loosen it. Around eight o'clock I notice it's still stiff when I try to get it off again.
Tuesday, mid afternoon I look up "How can I fix a Boa dial" on the Internet.
  • The first few results are videos showing me it's straightforward but slightly fiddly.
  • The next few are shops that will sell me a spare for about fifteen to eighteen quid.
  • Then there's Boa's own website, with its lifetime guarantee details.
Tuesday, three o'clock in the afternoon, my free replacements are on their way.
Thursday, late morning, my replacements (both sides!) are here in my hand.

Comments

• daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,584
    Nice, do update with how easy (or not) they are to replace please :-)
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • I did similar- BOA's on an older pair of S-Works started to slip. BOA replaced super easy! They come as a pair and complete unit, so you just unclip the od ones, and clip the new ones in. Easy-as....
  • The kit comes with the tool that you need to get them off, and full instructions. They would have been pretty easy - there are a couple of videos on YouTube showing you how to do it - but I haven't done it yet. I used the tool to get the top off the dial and when it came off I found that the wire was kinked. I pulled it straight, screwed the cap on and dialled it in again, and it's working perfectly now.
    I might replace them some time because newer and shinier = faster and better, but I don't need to yet.
  • de_sisti
    de_sisti Posts: 1,283
    @sparquin : Did you have to send the faulty ones back to the company?
  • dannbodge
    dannbodge Posts: 1,152
    de_sisti said:

@sparquin : Did you have to send the faulty ones back to the company?

I've just replaced mine and No. They don't want the old ones back
  • dannbodge
    dannbodge Posts: 1,152
    I've just done the same. My FIzik Infinitos have started slipping on one boa.

Repair kits are £28 online but then I remembered the lifetime warranty.
    A quick form online with two photos and a quick description and 4 new ones arrived 3 days later.

Just got to get round to switching them now.