Groupset upgrade

Hello fellow trail shredders, I am looking to upgrade my group sets on 2 bikes. I have a budget of £200 per bike. Was hoping to possibly make use/keep some existing parts? I’m not too fussed about fancy cassettes, happy with cheap. Just not sure about 12sp, 11sp, 10sp, shimano, sram, 10-52t, 9-50t, 30t, 32t, 34t????
Thank you in advance.
Currently they are set up as follows.

Trek stache (bike packing):

Shifters
SRAM GX1, 11 speed

Rear derailleur
SRAM GX1, Type 2

Crank
Sram 30T Oval

Cassette
SRAM XG-1150, 10-42, 11 speed

Trek fuel (light downhill/light enduro/heavy xc/small jumps & drops):

Shifter
Shimano Deore Rear Shift Lever, SL-M6000-R, 10speed, Black

Rear derailleur
Shimano Deore GS Rear Derailleur, RD-M6000, 10sp, Shadow Plus

Crank
Raceface 30T oval

Cassette
Sunrace 10sp Cassette, 11-42t

Was thinking of possibly installing the 11 speed from the stache on the EX. Then installing a KNC 9-52 cassette, GX shifter, GX derailleur and 34T oval on the stache???

The EX is for messing about with the lads really. I’ve got a dedicated XC bike and cover a lot of miles on the Stache.

Comments

• whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,702
    You won't be able to do that without buying either an extra cassette or a freehub for the Fuel. The 10-42 cassette needs an XD freehub body. There may be one available for the wheel on the Fuel, but if there isn't then you'd need an 11-42 cassette, and probably a new chain depending on how worn the existing one is. There's not really any significant advantage to changing from 10 speed to 11 speed if you're going to have the same gear range though.
  • Thanks. What’s the best way to find out if I can get an xd free hub body for those wheels?
    I much prefer the sram to the shimano.
    It may work out cheaper to get a 2nd hand wheel with an xd free hub i guess if not.
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,702
    You'll need to know what the hub in the wheel is, then you can search for whether there's an available freehub body. For example, as it's a Trek, it may have Bontrager wheels/hubs, which often use DT Swiss internals, but you'd need to find a model name/number and check to be sure.