ride, cafes, hibernate, research more hols
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,141
    tlw1 said:

censored , here goes circa 30 hrs of pain

Enjoy!
    And good luck.
    Hmm, that sounds a bit like psychological support.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,415
    tlw1 said:

Hurry up, I've been hiding behind this cairn for ages and had nobody to hurl abuse at :) Hope it doesn't hurt too much...

Now caught up on sleep after the 4am starts of this week. SB and ST are still sleeping. Dog walk once everyone has surfaced then will do jobs and keep an eye on the footy.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,517
    looked for tlw to shout at, but no sign of him, made up for it by shouting at people running into the road without looking

cafe stroll time, prepared to heckle if he goes past
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    Afternoon folks,
    Traditional slow start was enjoyed. Lad has gone camping, girl is doing more getting stuff ready for uni at some point. I think I'll get out the way for a bit. Probably go and see the old dear.
    If I see any runnerists I'll be sure to shout at them. Not going to wish TLW luck as it might get reported as illegal support.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,399
    tlw1 said:

Don’t give up this time.

Currently watching Ronaldo’s manu debut even though it isn’t available in the Uk, hehe. BBQ and booze to follow.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • thistle_
    Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Hurry up, I've been hiding behind this cairn for ages and had nobody to hurl abuse at :) Hope it doesn't hurt too much...
    You've missed him, that "cairn" was his early morning trail dump.

Don't think I'll be getting the job of race photographer, and this was one of the smaller mountains:

It was a bit unnerving when the cloud suddenly cleared for 2 mins and you could see 700m down to the valley, with a sheer drop next to where I'd decided to sit.

I was going to go up one of the bigger ones later but the forecast was getting worse as were conditions on the ground so went to see family and got given lots of tea and cake :smiley:
  • Stevo_666
    thistle_ said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

You've missed him, that "cairn" was his early morning trail dump.

Don't think I'll be getting the job of race photographer, and this was one of the smaller mountains:

It was a bit unnerving when the cloud suddenly cleared for 2 mins and you could see 700m down to the valley, with a sheer drop next to where I'd decided to sit.

I was going to go up one of the bigger ones later but the forecast was getting worse as were conditions on the ground so went to see family and got given lots of tea and cake :smiley:
    He must had a big veggie curry last night as I was hiding behind it...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,316
    Is it time to send out a search party?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • thistle_
    pinno said:

pinno said:

Nah he's got another 12 hours to finish.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    Finished up on schedule but very broken, not been that sick for a long time, bright side my feet are good

• seanoconn
    tlw1 said:

Finished up on schedule but very broken, not been that sick for a long time, bright side my feet are good

Looks like they’ve been smashed with a meat tenderiser!

Enjoy the rest of your torture!
  • tlw1
    seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

Finished but can’t sleep - crap really
  • seanoconn
    tlw1 said:

seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

Finished but can’t sleep - censored really
    Ah sorry, didn’t see the time of your post. Is the enjoyable bit the training or satisfaction of finishing?
  • tlw1
    seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

Finished but can’t sleep - censored really
    Ah sorry, didn’t see the time of your post. Is the enjoyable bit the training or satisfaction of finishing?
    The race, not bothered about the training. Complete other way round with the crash fest of crits
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,316
    seanoconn said:

Ah sorry, didn’t see the time of your post. Is the enjoyable bit the madness or satisfaction of finishing?

FTFY

Lovely foot to look at whilst I 'try and enjoy my coffee.

Err... well done?

Cloudy here. Might go schwimming.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

Actually, looks like they've just come out one of those medical specimen jars filled with formaldehyde. Jeez :o
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

Well done on finishing. Now get those feet sorted before gangrene sets in...
  • tlw1
    I thought they look like Jordan’s gash
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

I thought they look like Jordan’s gash

:D

That's probably got gangrene.
  • thistle_
    Stevo_666 said:

Actually, looks like they've just come out one of those medical specimen jars filled with formaldehyde. Jeez :o

Will save them the job when they amputate and use it for demonstrations.
  • thistle_
    tlw1 said:

Finished up on schedule but very broken, not been that sick for a long time, bright side I've just lost half a stone.

FTFY
    Well done on finishing, conditions were a bit grim.
  • Well done @tlw1 ...your poor feet!

I'll stick to cycling I think ;)
  • tlw1 said:

Does this mean we can’t shout abuse any more?
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • seanoconn
    thistle_ said:

Stevo_666 said:

Exactly. To demonstrate how not to treat your feet.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294

Well done @tlw1 ...your poor feet!

I'll stick to cycling I think ;)

This, but I'll stick to lounging
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Great work @tlw1 - one hell of an achievement! Interesting effect on your feet…
  • tlw1
    seanoconn said:

thistle_ said:

Stevo_666 said:

Exactly. To demonstrate how not to treat your feet.
    Three sock changes during the day!