ride, cafes, laze, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Chilled bike ride with a pal later then probably pub
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Was going to go for a ride but cba. Some work to do later. Dull day.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,401
    @elbowloh I’ve remembered what I was going to suggest.

If you haven’t done it already, the Mole gap trail is a lovely walk. 10k roughly, a little/lot more if you get lost. Between Leatherhead and Dorking along the river Mole, through Norbury park, past some 1000+ year old yews and across Denbies wine estate. Hunting for/following the arrows is quite fun. Not sure the terrain is all pram friendly so you might have to strap the kids to your backs 👍
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    seanoconn said:

@elbowloh I’ve remembered what I was going to suggest.

If you haven’t done it already, the Mole gap trail is a lovely walk. 10k roughly, a little/lot more if you get lost. Between Leatherhead and Dorking along the river Mole, through Norbury park, past some 1000+ year old yews and across Denbies wine estate. Hunting for/following the arrows is quite fun. Not sure the terrain is all pram friendly so you might have to strap the kids to your backs 👍

Cheers Seanno, not done that trail in particular, but very familiar with a walking round the Mole Valley, Norbury Park and the Denbies estate (Dorking is where I grew up). We went to Norbury Park a few times in lockdown with number 1, but not since elbow girl has been born.

I'll check out the trail!
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,146
    Need to find a hill to sit on for the afternoon. Too many choices.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    thistle_ said:

Got a load of mole hills
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,475
    tlw1 said:

thistle_ said:

Got a load of mole hills
    My mate who has/had a bit of a mole problem on his lawn said that cats are a good solution.

Will try to get a bit of peace today after doing some pond maintenance and a spot of research on the new potential house purchase. Tea for starters though...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Morning all,
    Quick walk to waitrose for croissants, huge pooey-vuiton hand bag on the pavement. FFS, why can't they just take home or put it in their bin?
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,329
    Done chores.
    Tricky puked once.
    Sun is popping out.
    Now nada
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,300
    Morning folks, just.
    Traditional slow start was enjoyed, about to walk to the old dear's with my sister and niece. Then having a meal with others for the old man's 3rd anniversary. Looks quite nice out for a change.
  • seanoconn

Don’t mow the lead
  • seanoconn

Morning folks, just.
    Traditional slow start was enjoyed, about to walk to the old dear's with my sister and niece. Then having a meal with others for the old man's 3rd anniversary. Looks quite nice out for a change.

Kids birthday meal next Sunday. They want Taco Bell but having checked out some photos, it’s not the kind of place you can sit and enjoy a meal.
    Any recommendations V? Couple of nice pub options in Teddington. Probably not Indian or Chinese.

• WTF is that toy?

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS

• WTF is that toy?

I've only got a little shed and I prioritised bikes and tools over gardening.
  • seanoconn
    oxoman said:

WS he's only got a postage stamp lawn compared to your massive area.

WS’s lawn mower

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,475
    seanoconn said:

oxoman said:

WS he's only got a postage stamp lawn compared to your massive area.

WS’s lawn mower

I thought he had one of these...

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674
    Where has the day gone? Feeling bleepin' tired now. No ride rided. Instead fun packed hours of fettling house and bikes ahead of holibobs. Reckoned I had better do some cleaning and that now so wouldn't have such a load of keerap to do post hols. And it's been a warm sweaty day.

Now then, what sort of numptie decides to top up his tubeless sealant by first filling the syringe before attaching the connector to the valve? This sort. Serious case of 'Duh!' Just about got all the rubber ribbons off my hands and arms now.

I give up. Beer time.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,300
    seanoconn said:

Morning folks, just.

Kids birthday meal next Sunday. They want Taco Bell but having checked out some photos, it’s not the kind of place you can sit and enjoy a meal.
    Any recommendations V? Couple of nice pub options in Teddington. Probably not Indian or Chinese.
    seanoconn said:

Morning folks, just.

Boaters in Canbury Gardens Kingston is pretty good, pub that's gone a bit gastro but not too poncy. Failing that there's a couple of nice places by the river in Kingston, Hache was pretty good as I recall. Did you see my suggestion for shoes? If you're in Kingston for food anyway...
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,329

WTF is that toy?
    A beard trimmer.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674
    edited September 2021
    Spike 2! A smaller piggie than the one I photoed before just visited for a cafe stop, had a good munch then wandered past my feet. Good to see we have a hedgepig community 'round these parts.

Edit: several piggies here now 😊 A bit of huff and puff going on... I'm guessing the equivalent of 'get off moi land'?
  • seanoconn

seanoconn said:

Morning folks, just.

seanoconn said:

Morning folks, just.

Boaters in Canbury Gardens Kingston is pretty good, pub that's gone a bit gastro but not too poncy. Failing that there's a couple of nice places by the river in Kingston, Hache was pretty good as I recall. Did you see my suggestion for shoes? If you're in Kingston for food anyway...
    Yes thanks, cheers 👍
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,146
    tlw1 said:

thistle_ said:

Got a load of mole hills
    Cadair Berwyn won the vote over Moel Famau etc. because it's usually desolate. Got there to find a crowd of about 20 up there, who left after a bit to be replaced with another crowd of brummie lads who decided to use the summit cairn as an assault course :angry: