Clothing Collection.

Unable to ride for medical reasons so all of this is available. All medium. I am 5ft 9" and was of medium build.

Assos Jackets. £120 for unused Black. £100 for the white one.
Woolistic Team Replica Jerseys - wonderful quality 100% Merino Wool. All others £50
Rapha. Original Blue/White £50. Italian £60. Pink 7/11 limited edition £75
Meckis kit from Lake Garda - fun and a talking point £50
Seven Cycles Long Sleeve £50.

All in fantastic condition. I tended to ride in less original kit when travelling so these are a real treat.

Thanks for looking.

Comments

• airwise
    airwise Posts: 248

Almost three years on and these have just been sat in a cupboard as I am not allowed to ride anymore.

Some mistakes in my listings - indicative of the brain injury that stops me riding.

The White Rain Jacket is of course Rapha - not Assos.

The Woolistic jersies truly are superb.

Send me a message if you are interested in any of the kit as it's only taking up space.

• airwise

There's little interest which surprises me given the quality of the goods and the cost savings. I confess, I am not one of the new fashionado's - buying kit based on quality when riding as I was a performance based cyclist.

I see a Rapha Goretex jacket will cost £250 today - so £100 for a virtually unworn original seems reasonable. As do all the prices.

It comes down to whether you want originals or modern marketing materials. I rode the Alpe in 49:49 at the age of 49 in the originals. Would I go quicker in 2024's collection. I doubt it... :)

• Webboo2
    Webboo2 Posts: 844
    edited March 6

I think the surprise is what your asking for kit that is 3 or 4 years old given the recent sell off by Wiggle and others. £200 jackets for 50 quid.

• airwise

Quality costs in my book. I'd rather keep the goods than give them away. I don't keep an eye on the market these days to be fair as I can't ride.

• daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,859

Was it yourself who was selling a beautiful green Cannondale a few years back?

I forget the model, but it was rim brake, full carbon etc, and a 54cm frame - did you manage to move it on eventually?

Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • I think Webboo is right unfortunately, the market has dropped considerably for used bikes, components and clothing. Unless you are prepared to take a considerable hit to get rid of it, you may be best hanging on to it.

• wakemalcolm
    wakemalcolm Posts: 818

There comes a price point where you'll end up thinking: I might as well be buried in it.

I remember trying to give some stuff away. After agreeing a 'sale', the purchaser asked if I wouldn't mind delivering it too. They lived closer than the tip so I agreed but it was a lesson learned.

================================
    Cake is just weakness entering the body
  • airwise

Sorry I've only just migrated and with my injury I have no memory to speak of so I've missed the replies. Firstly Daniel yes indeed it was and yes it's gone. I cannot remember who is lucky enough to be riding it now although I suspect some follower of fashion will insist it's useless without discs ...

As for the kit, the way I see it I'm offering an opportunity to someone with taste. I don't need to sell them, The can sit in the cupboard and remind me of my riding days. They are classy though, when I see some of the tat being sold in my local bike shops.

I've never been a follower of fashion myself (Rapha weren't really known when I bought some). So they genuinely do offer an opportunity but I'm a lazy *** now so I'm not really up for haggling the price on a pair of socks if you know what I mean.

Whatever, make sure you enjoy your cycling. I'm deeply envious of you all!

• ballyannelad
    ballyannelad Posts: 14

Hi,

I’ve tried to send a pm re the Assos rain jacket and the Rapha Andy Hampsten jersey. Wonder did you get it?

L

• airwise

Hi L

I've hopefully answered. My illness made me forget I'd even been here! Apologies for the delay.