Thursday: party on

'Ning

Ride
WFW
Gym

Need to check whether johngti's wheels have turned up yet.
«1

Comments

  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,642
    'ning

    ride and cafes, avoid calls, laze
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,901
    Busy day of feck all
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,182
    oxoman said:

    Morning all.
    Thistle 💩 the bed and beat 🌞god.
    WFW
    Evening ride 2nite.

    Thistle couldn't sleep despite riding and gymming yesterday so went out early and did some more riding even though Thistle was meant to be shaving saving his legs.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    ciao

    some prep work for work, weights sesh, bit of bambina'ing, friends of TDV's arriving who I don't get on with.

    .
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Morning. Need to do some more work today, partly work work, partly Doc work. Going to pop to the shops for work shoes. Might try for a run later, in-laws could be coming round to play cards.

    Wheel delivery is now tomorrow before 6. Is it me or did Shirl seem properly angry about my “complaining” yesterday?
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,487
    thistle_ said:

    'Ning

    Ride
    WFW
    Gym

    Need to check whether johngti's wheels have turned up yet.

    My frying pans have 😃



    Another 3/4 days of seasoning and they should be ready for use.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,487
    oxoman said:

    Morning all.
    Thistle 💩 the bed and beat 🌞god.
    WFW
    Evening ride 2nite.

    How’s work after chat with big boss?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    seanoconn said:

    thistle_ said:

    'Ning

    Ride
    WFW
    Gym

    Need to check whether johngti's wheels have turned up yet.

    My frying pans have 😃



    Another 3/4 days of seasoning and they should be ready for use.
    seasoning?
    .
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,487
    MattFalle said:

    seanoconn said:

    thistle_ said:

    'Ning

    Ride
    WFW
    Gym

    Need to check whether johngti's wheels have turned up yet.

    My frying pans have 😃



    Another 3/4 days of seasoning and they should be ready for use.
    seasoning?
    At the risk of boring BB more. Carbon steel, lighter than cast iron but similar, both need seasoning before use. Lightly oiling the pans and heating them either in the oven or on the hob to protect it from corrosion and to give it a non stick coating. Takes some patience to build a good seasoning, lots of thin layers of oil. Too much oil will flake when cooking. If after a while the pans performance starts to decline, you scrub off the seasoning and start again, forever renewable. The pans will outlive me.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Why can't the be pre-seasoned by the manufacturer?
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Oh and


    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,071
    Rode yesterday, short run this morning, banana consumed.

    Onwards to metallic stuff and searching for some silicone things to stop earbuds falling out.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,487
    elbowloh said:

    Why can't the be pre-seasoned by the manufacturer?

    They come lightly seasoned. They look prettier without too much seasoning, easier to sell maybe 🤷‍♂️

    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    seanoconn said:

    elbowloh said:

    Why can't the be pre-seasoned by the manufacturer?

    They come lightly seasoned. They look prettier without too much seasoning, easier to sell maybe 🤷‍♂️

    But you bought them online, not in store...

    They could send you photos, before, during and after the process of your actual pans before they're sent. Imagine the excitement you'd get from that!
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,487
    elbowloh said:

    seanoconn said:

    elbowloh said:

    Why can't the be pre-seasoned by the manufacturer?

    They come lightly seasoned. They look prettier without too much seasoning, easier to sell maybe 🤷‍♂️

    But you bought them online, not in store...

    They could send you photos, before, during and after the process of your actual pans before they're sent. Imagine the excitement you'd get from that!
    Mmmm, I’m getting hard just imagining.


    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,901
    seanoconn said:

    elbowloh said:

    seanoconn said:

    elbowloh said:

    Why can't the be pre-seasoned by the manufacturer?

    They come lightly seasoned. They look prettier without too much seasoning, easier to sell maybe 🤷‍♂️

    But you bought them online, not in store...

    They could send you photos, before, during and after the process of your actual pans before they're sent. Imagine the excitement you'd get from that!
    Mmmm, I’m getting hard just imagining.


    Do you need seasoning?
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,550
    edited August 2021
    Eons ago, I attended the Glasgow food exhibition when I was working part time in a cocktail bar. [The interesting bit comes later but it's a side track*]
    On display was a 'chef' cooking eggs and boiling milk in this £154 frying pan. No oil. No butter. The egg and milk did not burn nor stick. No seasoning required. Incredible pan - we're talking mid 90's so £154 for a pan in today's money... Stevo can work it out.

    *and now the jackanory. It might be less boring than Seano's missive, though I doubt it.

    In the queue to get in, I noticed students and KP's and commis chefs filling out their basic info and it was printed on a badge.
    I filled out the form with the name of the bar I was working at and put 'assistant manager' on the job description, immediately recognising an advantage.

    The difference was marked. I got plied, pilloried and pushed by all sorts of sales people selling grog. Free wine tasting. free Nastro Azzuro, free bites... Whereas, the KP's and students - well, they saw them coming.
    Then at the end of it was Guisseppe. He was selling Grappa.
    "I like you Guisseppe I said, you're not like all those other pushy salesmen. I'm so tired, you don't mind it I sit here do you?". So he gives me a free beer but only after he insisted that I try 4 or 5 different styles of Grappa. Jesus effing christ that stuff is lethal.
    I made the coach home late and I staggered on to it and staggered off it 3 hours later still inebriated in the midst of a bus load of very sober and very peeved KP's and students.

    A bit shame faced and being honest, I had to explain to Massi (bar owner and world class cocktail maker) that he might get some 'visitors'...

    "Oh no, you didn't did you!?" was his response.
    Oddly, it was only Guisseppe that turned up trying to sell him Grappa and the rep (though he didn't get a sale) and Massi talked for hours in Italian in a very animated and amicable way.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,550
    Oh and it's foggy.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,182
    tlw1 said:

    seanoconn said:

    elbowloh said:

    seanoconn said:

    elbowloh said:

    Why can't the be pre-seasoned by the manufacturer?

    They come lightly seasoned. They look prettier without too much seasoning, easier to sell maybe 🤷‍♂️

    But you bought them online, not in store...

    They could send you photos, before, during and after the process of your actual pans before they're sent. Imagine the excitement you'd get from that!
    Mmmm, I’m getting hard just imagining.


    Do you need seasoning?
    Is that like fluffing?
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    pinno said:

    Eons ago, I attended the Glasgow food exhibition when I was working part time in a cocktail bar. [The interesting bit comes later but it's a side track*]
    On display was a 'chef' cooking eggs and boiling milk in this £154 frying pan. No oil. No butter. The egg and milk did not burn nor stick. No seasoning required. Incredible pan - we're talking mid 90's so £154 for a pan in today's money... Stevo can work it out.

    *and now the jackanory. It might be less boring than Seano's missive, though I doubt it.

    In the queue to get in, I noticed students and KP's and commis chefs filling out their basic info and it was printed on a badge.
    I filled out the form with the name of the bar I was working at and put 'assistant manager' on the job description, immediately recognising an advantage.

    The difference was marked. I got plied, pilloried and pushed by all sorts of sales people selling grog. Free wine tasting. free Nastro Azzuro, free bites... Whereas, the KP's and students - well, they saw them coming.
    Then at the end of it was Guisseppe. He was selling Grappa.
    "I like you Guisseppe I said, you're not like all those other pushy salesmen. I'm so tired, you don't mind it I sit here do you?". So he gives me a free beer but only after he insisted that I try 4 or 5 different styles of Grappa. Jesus effing christ that stuff is lethal.
    I made the coach home late and I staggered on to it and staggered off it 3 hours later still inebriated in the midst of a bus load of very sober and very peeved KP's and students.

    A bit shame faced and being honest, I had to explain to Massi (bar owner and world class cocktail maker) that he might get some 'visitors'...

    "Oh no, you didn't did you!?" was his response.
    Oddly, it was only Guisseppe's that turned up trying to sell him Grappa and the rep (though he didn't get a sale) and Massi talked for hours in Italian in a very animated and amicable way.

    So much so, their arms ached for days afterwards.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,182
    pinno said:

    Eons ago, I attended the Glasgow food exhibition when I was working part time in a cocktail bar. [The interesting bit comes later but it's a side track*]
    On display was a 'chef' cooking eggs and boiling milk in this £154 frying pan. No oil. No butter. The egg and milk did not burn nor stick. No seasoning required. Incredible pan - we're talking mid 90's so £154 for a pan in today's money... Stevo can work it out.

    *and now the jackanory. It might be less boring than Seano's missive, though I doubt it.

    In the queue to get in, I noticed students and KP's and commis chefs filling out their basic info and it was printed on a badge.
    I filled out the form with the name of the bar I was working at and put 'assistant manager' on the job description, immediately recognising an advantage.

    The difference was marked.

    They picked you out, they shook you up and turned you around then five years later on you had the world at your feet?
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,487
    pinno said:

    Eons ago, I attended the Glasgow food exhibition when I was working part time in a cocktail bar. [The interesting bit comes later but it's a side track*]
    On display was a 'chef' cooking eggs and boiling milk in this £154 frying pan. No oil. No butter. The egg and milk did not burn nor stick. No seasoning required. Incredible pan - we're talking mid 90's so £154 for a pan in today's money... Stevo can work it out.

    *and now the jackanory. It might be less boring than Seano's missive, though I doubt it.

    In the queue to get in, I noticed students and KP's and commis chefs filling out their basic info and it was printed on a badge.
    I filled out the form with the name of the bar I was working at and put 'assistant manager' on the job description, immediately recognising an advantage.

    The difference was marked. I got plied, pilloried and pushed by all sorts of sales people selling grog. Free wine tasting. free Nastro Azzuro, free bites... Whereas, the KP's and students - well, they saw them coming.
    Then at the end of it was Guisseppe. He was selling Grappa.
    "I like you Guisseppe I said, you're not like all those other pushy salesmen. I'm so tired, you don't mind it I sit here do you?". So he gives me a free beer but only after he insisted that I try 4 or 5 different styles of Grappa. Jesus effing christ that stuff is lethal.
    I made the coach home late and I staggered on to it and staggered off it 3 hours later still inebriated in the midst of a bus load of very sober and very peeved KP's and students.

    A bit shame faced and being honest, I had to explain to Massi (bar owner and world class cocktail maker) that he might get some 'visitors'...

    "Oh no, you didn't did you!?" was his response.
    Oddly, it was only Guisseppe that turned up trying to sell him Grappa and the rep (though he didn't get a sale) and Massi talked for hours in Italian in a very animated and amicable way.

    Expensive Teflon coated pan.
    As these pans age, they begin to chip and flake . Once they do (or once they become scratched), they should be discarded as the chemical non-stick coating can flake into your food.
    Not suitable for using metal utensils.
    At very high temperatures (350°C and above) non-stick pans may decompose significantly faster, emitting fumes strong enough to cause polymer-fume fever, a temporary flu-like condition marked by chills, headache, and fever. These fumes can kill pet birds, whose respiratory systems are more fragile than ours. As a consequence, it’s best not to use non-stick pans for cooking over a high heat. 🤓
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    You keep on trying to justify that £400 Seanno. Who are you trying to convince?
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,487
    elbowloh said:

    You keep on trying to justify that £400 Seanno. Who are you trying to convince?

    Well duh, myself obviously.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,923
    seanoconn said:

    elbowloh said:

    Why can't the be pre-seasoned by the manufacturer?

    They come lightly seasoned. They look prettier without too much seasoning, easier to sell maybe 🤷‍♂️

    For £400 I'd expect a complementary BJ, never mind a bit of seasoning.

    Afternoon slackers, got the day off so taking it a bit easier. Went to scope out the house were viewing on the weekend and see what the immediate area is like. Done quick charity shop drop off, haircut and now having a breakfast style lunch as the local cafe. Bits n pieces later including sorting out the whippet bike for a spot of off road action tomorrow.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,923
    elbowloh said:

    You keep on trying to justify that £400 Seanno. Who are you trying to convince?

    I'm still trying to work out whether the message on the card is a promise from the frying pan company or a warning from his wife :p
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Stevo_666 said:

    seanoconn said:

    elbowloh said:

    Why can't the be pre-seasoned by the manufacturer?

    They come lightly seasoned. They look prettier without too much seasoning, easier to sell maybe 🤷‍♂️

    For £400 I'd expect a complementary BJ, never mind a bit of seasoning.

    Afternoon slackers, got the day off so taking it a bit easier. Went to scope out the house were viewing on the weekend and see what the immediate area is like. Done quick charity shop drop off, haircut and now having a breakfast style lunch as the local cafe. Bits n pieces later including sorting out the whippet bike for a spot of off road action tomorrow.
    and your survey says...
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,550
    thistle_ said:



    They picked you out, they shook you up and turned you around then five years later on you had the world at your feet?

    I was only going for one reason.
    I probably did have the world at my feet*.

    *F*cked that up didn't I?

    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    tlw1 said:

    seanoconn said:

    elbowloh said:

    seanoconn said:

    elbowloh said:

    Why can't the be pre-seasoned by the manufacturer?

    They come lightly seasoned. They look prettier without too much seasoning, easier to sell maybe 🤷‍♂️

    But you bought them online, not in store...

    They could send you photos, before, during and after the process of your actual pans before they're sent. Imagine the excitement you'd get from that!
    Mmmm, I’m getting hard just imagining.


    Do you need seasoning?
    or, as TDV just said to me, hitting with a steak tenderiser?
    .
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,923
    elbowloh said:

    Stevo_666 said:

    seanoconn said:

    elbowloh said:

    Why can't the be pre-seasoned by the manufacturer?

    They come lightly seasoned. They look prettier without too much seasoning, easier to sell maybe 🤷‍♂️

    For £400 I'd expect a complementary BJ, never mind a bit of seasoning.

    Afternoon slackers, got the day off so taking it a bit easier. Went to scope out the house were viewing on the weekend and see what the immediate area is like. Done quick charity shop drop off, haircut and now having a breakfast style lunch as the local cafe. Bits n pieces later including sorting out the whippet bike for a spot of off road action tomorrow.
    and your survey says...
    Still a possibility - looks good from the outside, area nice and quiet. The online spec ticks the main boxes and looks it wouldn't need anything more than a change of paint colour in some rooms. We think the pricing is a bit optimistic but we can always try to beat them down. It's been up for a month an no offers so far so let's see.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]