Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,341
    Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

johngti said:

In other news, should I see if I can change my wheel order to a set of 60mm rims or just wait for the 42/50 set? Deeper rims still weigh less than 1600g

For a definitive answer, go to 'Road buying advice. Ha ha.

Quite a bit of dew on the grass this morning prompted Shorty to say "It's frosty, winter will be here in 9 days".
    Waiting for the Doc to phone for something the in house pharmacist could have done. Waste of time. Will go pedal as soon as that's over.

@Stevo_666
    Option 1: Decathlon do a lovely selection of tents.
    Option 2: Sell that 4 wheeled shed because options are only limited according to how much money you have.
    Option 3: Retire early and move north with change in your pocket.
    Option 3 sounds vaguely sensible but Strifey won't go North. You already know my answer to the other two :smile:
    She would be closer to stropteen………
    There are certain things a man should never stoop to, no matter how desperate. Living near Liverpool is on that list :p
    Harrogate. Not in Scouseland, Get the express to London when not WFH in your new consultancy* role. Lovely area. Downside: it's a bit hilly but upside is that there are vans there and in time, you will get to know the drivers.

*My haematologist back in Naam, (sadly passed away) said; "You can tell a consultant but you can't tell him anything".

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    tlw1 said:

tlw1 said:

Awaiting pcr results, so exercise is potentially limited to spin bike.

Results in, please drop off booze and can someone finish off my training plan for my snowdon race - this was the big week 🤬
    Ah shoot that's lousy. Fingers crossed for all of you.

Day of running about again shipping stuff mainly. Had a call from bike service shop to tell me the front engine cover has been bodged at some point in the past and needs fixing or replacement. New part from Germany, or find a workaround. Grrrrr. Have to go in tomorrow and discuss. Only wanted the damned thing serviced so I can sell it.

Dinner out with friend not seen in months, lovely. She's off tomorrow on a drive up north here for a date with someone "met" on Tinder. What could possibly go wrong?

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Stevo_666 said:

johngti said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

johngti said:

In other news, should I see if I can change my wheel order to a set of 60mm rims or just wait for the 42/50 set? Deeper rims still weigh less than 1600g

Quite a bit of dew on the grass this morning prompted Shorty to say "It's frosty, winter will be here in 9 days".
    Waiting for the Doc to phone for something the in house pharmacist could have done. Waste of time. Will go pedal as soon as that's over.

@Stevo_666
    Option 2: Sell that 4 wheeled shed because options are only limited according to how much money you have.
    Option 3 sounds vaguely sensible but Strifey won't go North. You already know my answer to the other two :smile:
    There are certain things a man should never stoop to, no matter how desperate. Living near Liverpool is on that list :p
    I dunno, the Wirral is a Tory heartland, you’d fit right in! (And I won’t hear a word against Liverpool, I spent 4 happy years there at uni. Proper uni, mind, not John Moores)
    That's exactly where my kid is for the next 4 years. It's just that I'm quite fond of the alloy wheels on my car :p
    You literally have to pay one of the local kids fiver to look after it for you. Had to to that many times when going up to Anfield.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,149

Dinner out with friend not seen in months, lovely. She's off tomorrow on a drive up north here for a date with someone "met" on Tinder. What could possibly go wrong?

2 of my friends I have both met someone on Tinder and now are cohabiting+ with "random internet person" so it's not always bad. Sometimes it is though.
    elbowloh said:

You literally have to pay one of the local kids fiver to look after it for you. Had to to that many times when going up to Anfield.

Smart kids :wink:
    johngti said:

Neston or somewhere would suit you down to the ground 🤣🤣

That's sounds good. TLW1 and I can cycle up there after work and he can buy us ice creams from Parkgate.
    johngti said:

And, in other news, I decided to throw caution to the wind, made a fast decision, and am now getting 60mm wheels for my remaining bike. Bling to the max. They’ll look great as I’m pottering about at 15mph average. Give everyone plenty of opportunity to enjoy the look of them!

Hope the stem is getting slammed to match.

• johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    thistle_ said:

2 of my friends I have both met someone on Tinder and now are cohabiting+ with "random internet person" so it's not always bad. Sometimes it is though.
    elbowloh said:

Smart kids :wink:
    johngti said:

Neston or somewhere would suit you down to the ground 🤣🤣

That's sounds good. TLW1 and I can cycle up there after work and he can buy us ice creams from Parkgate.
    johngti said:

And, in other news, I decided to throw caution to the wind, made a fast decision, and am now getting 60mm wheels for my remaining bike. Bling to the max. They’ll look great as I’m pottering about at 15mph average. Give everyone plenty of opportunity to enjoy the look of them!

Hope the stem is getting slammed to match.

Parkgate is lovely - it’s be a bit of a trek for the two of you though wouldn’t it?

And the stem is making its way downward. Only 2cm of spacers now but the Giant is a bit lower at the front than the Trek was so make of that what you will!
  • pinno
    johngti said:

And the stem is making its way downward. Only 2cm of spacers now but the Giant is a bit lower at the front than the Trek was so make of that what you will!

Err, 'ouch' comes to mind. Better to be set up according to comfort and not some trend?
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    thistle_ said:

We did a coin toss on "Serial Killer / Nice Person". Hope for her sake it turns out well!!
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,318
    Afternoon folks,
    A day of wfh so a slightly slower start was had. Just wobbled to Sainsbury's and back on the shopping hack, new bars are good, but the ridiculous stem design allows them to slip however tight I do it up. Need another quill stem for 26mm bars.
    That's really dull TLW, hope everything turns out alright with family members. I'd offer to do some training for you, but, it's a ridiculous idea so I'll drink for you instead.
    We will need pictures with the wheeels Mr GTi sir. Need to order some carbon rims at some point, need to get on and finish the bamboo first. Too much of life getting in the way.
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    pinno said:

johngti said:

Err, 'ouch' comes to mind. Better to be set up according to comfort and not some trend?
    Comfort is number 1! I'm on 28mm tyres, tubeless so lower pressures, and a d-fuse handlebar so there's quite a lot of movement in that too (comparatively). Not going to go made with the idea of slamming the stem, suspect that the effort needed to get flexible enough to not get crippled by that is beyond what I'm willing to put in!
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,407
    elbowloh said:

Stevo_666 said:

johngti said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

johngti said:

@Stevo_666
    I dunno, the Wirral is a Tory heartland, you’d fit right in! (And I won’t hear a word against Liverpool, I spent 4 happy years there at uni. Proper uni, mind, not John Moores)
    That's exactly where my kid is for the next 4 years. It's just that I'm quite fond of the alloy wheels on my car :p
    Yep exactly the same for me on my last trip to Goodison park. That was 30 years ago mind. Good to see the local kids have kept the price reasonable.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    seanoconn said:

elbowloh said:

Stevo_666 said:

johngti said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

johngti said:

@Stevo_666
    Yep exactly the same for me on my last trip to Goodison park. That was 30 years ago mind. Good to see the local kids have kept the price reasonable.
    tbf, i probably haven't been for about 8 years.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • pinno
    johngti said:

pinno said:

johngti said:

Comfort is number 1! I'm on 28mm tyres, tubeless so lower pressures, and a d-fuse handlebar so there's quite a lot of movement in that too (comparatively). Not going to go made with the idea of slamming the stem, suspect that the effort needed to get flexible enough to not get crippled by that is beyond what I'm willing to put in!
    I have done a helluva lot of core stability work and I now stretch religiously - sometimes more than once between rides and this has allowed me to be more comfortable, relieve neck pain and lower the bars (a little).
    I run Vittorias with latex inners 27mm @65 psi and also established a saddle with the Selle Italia ID match. Now sorted.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,547
    charlie watts dead :(

sigh
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,318
    sungod said:

sigh

Just heard that, a life well lived but saddened me nonetheless
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,869
    sungod said:

sigh

😢
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,684
    You can't always get what you want: RIP Charlie.

Lovely day out today with #1 daughter; probably the toughest ride for her I've yet inflicted, left her well crackered. But she did like it. Great mix of terrain, localities, wildlife.

Biggest surprise: on one section of gnarly (thanks Carlton) bridleway through the woods we did not happen upon the normal dog walker with pooches on lead - here's a donkey on a lead, then the woman, then another donkey on a lead... Takes all sorts.
  • pinno
    orraloon said:

...thanks Carlton...

Yes, I picked that up too on Sunday's stage.

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,149
    orraloon said:

here's a donkey on a lead, then the woman, then another donkey on a lead... Takes all sorts.

The donkeys transporting their hostage to a new location after the previous one was compromised by someone trimming back bushes and pulling up thistles last Friday.