monday is irredeemable

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,515
    edited August 2021
    Thanks everyone for the messages. At least on the bright side we have the option of telling the buyer (who has been a bit on an ar$e) to go do one if we want. I'm jumping on the bike in a bit to head home and discuss options with Mrs. 666. Likely we will need to start again as I really don't fancy renting in the current market.

Edit to say that the thread title seems quite appropriate...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Stevo_666 said:

Not moving house like @Stevo_666 but just getting rid of a pile of stuff, in exchange for currency to spend on other stuff no doubt.

Funny you should mention that WS, but Monday has turned into an ACOAD as our sellers have just pulled out this afternoon citing a change of circumstances. Total bastards, we've just wasted 3 close to months and we were due to exchange contracts end of the month once we'd finished a spot of haggling with the buyers. There doesn't seem to an appropriate emoticon available for this...
    bstrds.

gutted for you dude.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,149
    edited August 2021

^^ Every time I read about how the English property system works I wonder why it's not been "fixed" to some sensible rules.

Makes me think of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1dnocPQXDQ
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,410
    Stevo_666 said:

Thanks everyone for the messages. At least on the bright side we have the option of telling the buyer (who has been a bit on an ar$e) to go do one if we want. I'm jumping on the bike in a bit to head home and discuss options with Mrs. 666. Likely we will need to start again as I really don't fancy renting in the current market.

Sorry Stevo 😞
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,410
    tlw1 said:

oxoman said:

Hard luck Stevo, luckily shortage of places to sell so hopefully will go quickly. As to all these covid positive people, get well soon. However please feel free to be greedy and keep it to yourselves.

Even if the rest of us have a negative pcr test we are going to isolate, morally the right thing to do.

Obviously now ordering alcohol deliveries
    😔
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Shoot, it makes my problems with the overly ambitious young teacher pale into irrelevance!

Stevo - got to be another mansion out there somewhere that’ll work for you. Which area was it? The next one will be THE one. Deffo.

Good luck with the job application MF.

Cars, eh? Pinno? Eh?

And for all the COVID crap, it sucks. Seriously.
  • Stevo_666

^^ Every time I read about how the English property system works I wonder why it's not been "fixed" to some sensible rules.

That's indeed ACOAD for you Stevo. Now what?

It's a bit screwed up, but we start looking again. Buyers dont need to sell their place and are prepared to wait. They came back with an offer today that we can live with today so will keep that in our back pocket for now and see how patient they really are.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    orraloon said:

Bad luck S666. The English 'system' is such a lottery.

Lethargic Monday revved up a bit by dragging myself to the gym. Sunny now as well. Might fire up the barbie tonight: who knows, last chance?

Thanks Loon. Probably more down to the sellers being erratic arrisholes in this case!
  • Stevo_666
    elbowloh said:

That's pretty shitty Stevo.

When i was trying to sell my flat I had 6 failed sales over 3 long years, with some of them pulling out after stringing me on for up to 6 months. I finally went to auction as it was pretty much guaranteed to be all done and dusted within a month of the auction, and if not you got their 10% deposit. I just wanted rid, so accepted the drop in price.

Thanks Elbow. Well get there in the end. Maybe we had a lucky escape. I might send the quotes for the work needed to the sellers via the estate agent with a message saying here's all the shyte you need to fix.
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman said:

Hard luck Stevo, luckily shortage of places to sell so hopefully will go quickly. As to all these covid positive people, get well soon. However please feel free to be greedy and keep it to yourselves.

We can still sell our place to the current buyers if we find something soon-ish, but am not going to rush into anything.
  • Stevo_666
    MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

Not moving house like @Stevo_666 but just getting rid of a pile of stuff, in exchange for currency to spend on other stuff no doubt.

Funny you should mention that WS, but Monday has turned into an ACOAD as our sellers have just pulled out this afternoon citing a change of circumstances. Total bastards, we've just wasted 3 close to months and we were due to exchange contracts end of the month once we'd finished a spot of haggling with the buyers. There doesn't seem to an appropriate emoticon available for this...
    bstrds.

gutted for you dude.
    Cheers MF. It was a lovely old pile but s**t happens.
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

Sorry Stevo 😞
    I'll be back....
  • Stevo_666
    johngti said:

Shoot, it makes my problems with the overly ambitious young teacher pale into irrelevance!

Stevo - got to be another mansion out there somewhere that’ll work for you. Which area was it? The next one will be THE one. Deffo.

Cars, eh? Pinno? Eh?

And for all the COVID censored , it sucks. Seriously.

The house was on Warren Road, on the border of Orpington and Chelsfield. Happy to give you the house number if you want to leave a big fat turd on their doorstep >:)

The search for a new one starts tonight after I've showered and had a couple of pints of tramp fuel for inspiration. I gave the bike a good thrash on the way home which made me feel better (well as far as a 55 yo accountant can thrash a bike, it's relative I suppose :p )
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Stevo_666 said:

johngti said:

Cars, eh? Pinno? Eh?

The house was on Warren Road, on the border of Orpington and Chelsfield. Happy to give you the house number if you want to leave a big fat censored on their doorstep >:)

The search for a new one starts tonight after I've showered and had a couple of pints of tramp fuel for inspiration. I gave the bike a good thrash on the way home which made me feel better (well as far as a 55 yo accountant can thrash a bike, it's relative I suppose :p )
    First place I put an offer on when I bought my first home was great, but they fecked around and never responded to questions for weeks, so we felt like we had no choice but to pull out. Turned out to be a blessing as we looked again and found somewhere much nicer, in a better area for the same money.

Could be a good thing Stevo!
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Stevo_666 said:

johngti said:

Cars, eh? Pinno? Eh?

The house was on Warren Road, on the border of Orpington and Chelsfield. Happy to give you the house number if you want to leave a big fat censored on their doorstep >:)

Damn, that’s really close to one of my favourite routes! Would’ve been perfect for a mid-ride coffee. You need to look in a similar area, least you can do
  • thistle_
    edited August 2021
    Interesting ride home from work.
    Took the direct route home which starts with a wide but windy single carriageway road out of the city centre. Cars behind overtaking, generally respectfully as usual as soon as it was clear to go.

Was aware of a couple of cars behind, but they couldn't pass because of oncoming traffic. The guy at the head of the oncoming traffic then decides to stop next to a little layby, but in the road and put his hazards on so nobody can overtake, in either direction.

Better yet, popo was coming up from behind (ooo er) with blues and twos but couldn't pass because of numpty who had stopped on the other side :confused:
    Had to stick down some powaaa to sprint out of the way, which I think was the right decision because plod never managed to catch up before turning left where I turned right.
  • Stevo_666
    elbowloh said:

Stevo_666 said:

johngti said:

Cars, eh? Pinno? Eh?

First place I put an offer on when I bought my first home was great, but they fecked around and never responded to questions for weeks, so we felt like we had no choice but to pull out. Turned out to be a blessing as we looked again and found somewhere much nicer, in a better area for the same money.

The stuff we found out from the survey and the contractors that went in did make me think there was a risk of taking on a money pit - 120 yo houses aren't usually cheap to maintain in any event. I guess we'll never know. Hopefully there will be more properties coming onto the market as people come back from their summer hols.
  • Stevo_666
    johngti said:

Stevo_666 said:

johngti said:

Cars, eh? Pinno? Eh?

Damn, that’s really close to one of my favourite routes! Would’ve been perfect for a mid-ride coffee. You need to look in a similar area, least you can do
    If we do get to do a ride round NW Kent sometime I'll show you it. Bring a couple of bricks along and practice your throwing technique.

We would like to live round there, may need to be patient though!
  • Stevo_666
    thistle_ said:
    Would have thought a drawbridge and pillbox would be essential round those parts :smile:
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,324
    Ah FFS! That's a pain in the aris'Stevo. As above hopefully something good will come out of it.
    Mini has gone. Mr 666 would have been impressed with the silly Evo track day special they turned up in. Even funnier when said young lady worked at our place and all the geeky blokes were drooling over it, seeing a girl in her 20s get into it upset their sensibilities somewhat. Lots of space in the garage now.
    Had a painful afternoon at work, it seems stupid is contagious. I realised I'd made a mistake and decided to 'fess up rather than do anything else. Got a really smug reply from one of the biggest idiots I have to deal with, really struggled to bite my tongue. Had to laugh when one of the others on the email chain ripped the mick out of the fool.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

bstrds.

gutted for you dude.
    Cheers MF. It was a lovely old pile but s**t happens.
    do you want me to go and burn their house down so they come crawling back to you and you can raise your price to them?
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,347

Engine mount Pinno? That would be the cheapest option...

It is. Sort of. But went for due diligence and bought 2.
    OEM Porker - hydraulic £161 each.
    Including VAT thankfully.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,347
    elbowloh said:

I was thinking he could get some house that is better looking :)

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    pinno said:

elbowloh said:

With a garage
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • thistle_
    elbowloh said:

pinno said:

elbowloh said:

With a garage
    For one of the MFs to move into.
  • veronese68
    thistle_ said:

elbowloh said:

pinno said:

elbowloh said:

With a garage
    For one of the MFs to move into.
    I finally make room so my garage MF stops moaning and something else comes along 🙄
    Just shows how difficult house hunters can be 🤣
  • veronese68
    pinno said:

Ouch, that's not cheap. But then it is a Porch
  • Stevo_666

pinno said:

Ouch, that's not cheap. But then it is a Men-O-Porch
    FTFY.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

elbowloh said:

You don't look at the mantelpiece etc...