Boardman Elite SLR Race 9.0S - 2013 Frame & Dura-Ace 9000

claret73
claret73 Posts: 68
edited August 2021 in Second hand road bikes
Boardman SLR Race. The frame is from the Elite Series 2013 lineup. On this model, the frameset (apart from paint & branding) never changed much until 2019 as was regarded by the racing fraternity as a respected platform and Boardman did not change by season like other brands for change's sake.

The groupset is 11 Speed Shimano Dura-Ace 9000 DI-2 with a compact Chainset 50/34 on 170mm cranks. 11/25 Cassette.

The wheelset is Carbon fibre from Boardman's own AiR Seven design and manufactured by a well-respected Asian carbon wheel producer. These alone were £999 RRP. Deeper on the back than on the front.

The cockpit is Boardman's carbon stem with Deda Alloy bars, a Boardman carbon seat post and Fizik saddle.

I have used this far from often, given the frame's age and obviously, there are a few marks but otherwise, the bike is in fantastic condition. I have lovingly looked after it. Although I will be gutted to sell, I have not used this in the last 3 years. A new DI-2 battery has been purchased recently.

The frame is quite aggressive on its geometry but is such a comfy bike. It's not an all-out race bike.
48cm BB-Top
54cm Top Tube
90mm stem

I'm 5'6-7ish and fits really well.

More images are available.

£1500.00

IMG-2305

Comments

• claret73
    claret73 Posts: 68
    Price Drop 31/08
  • Was going to keep it, but definite plans and a change of bike needed means I am selling.
  • matthewn5
    matthewn5 Posts: 51
    edited February 2023
    That's a bargain, the SLR 9.0 Elite was Boardman's top frameset for quite a few years, very light, and lovely DA 9070... but too small for me. Good luck with the sale!