Other Uses for Tubular Glue

Bit of an odd-one, but..... my daughters walking shoes have shed their soles! Boots are in great condition otherwise, so seeing if I can fix them before they a) go in the bin or b) go to the Cobblers!

Got some Conti' Mastik stuff still in the garage- sold the tubulars cpl years ago, so got to thinking whether the Mastic would be a suitable bond for the leather upper/ Vibram rubber sole interface. Any chemical experts out there :smile: ?

Comments

• imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    It should stick - but whether it will stay stuck is another matter. Worth a try. I only use Vittoria mastik though, so I have no experience of the Conti stuff, although I don't imagine it's that much different..
  • Yeah, I'm getting my Vittoria and Conti' mixed-up. It's Vittoria Mastik (which I used to use prior to Conti), which is the Mastik stuff as you say. Stuff I have is just the Conti tubular cement...
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,612
    Why not just glue a tub to the bottom of each sole?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Shoes would be glued with contact adhesive and tub glue is a contact adhesive so should be fine. But I'm only guessing. I suspect any repair won't last.
  • mrb123 said:

Why not just glue a tub to the bottom of each sole?

I think U freaky, but I like it a lot...
  • Shoes would be glued with contact adhesive and tub glue is a contact adhesive so should be fine. But I'm only guessing. I suspect any repair won't last.

Le Cobbleurs quoted me £5 for the pair, so I guess I'll let them deal with it after all. Maybe I'm just looking for an excuse for a long...deep.... sniff...