tuesday from the realms beyond the sun

Comments

• johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    MattFalle said:

elbowloh said:

johngti said:

The roundhouse is my favourite venue. Seeing Frank Turner there in September 😀😀

Roundhouse is a great venue, been there a few times, most memorably for Queens of the Stone Age and Band of Skulls.

Never seen Frank Turner, but he used to come on quite a lot on 6 music, Recovery is good track.
    turner's best - thatcher fgckd the kids.

and he's not on about the cider, either.
    NOFX covered that one. It’s excellent.

I reckon that song inspired my mate who wrote a song called ASBO Derek, played by the band I was in.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252

S4 Avant petrol or SQ5 or Macan?

Wanky, wankier or wankiest in that order I feel :D
    RS4 is what you want, still wanky, but fun?
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644

Aygo
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551

Yeah I'd like an RS4, but that's a bit too *ahem* serious. Just bored driving the thing I have now, fancy something a little more driving focussed. Choices are a little restricted here.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    edited August 2021

On an unrelated note I see the Specials are playing the Roundhouse in September, about £50 a pop. I've seen them twice, once was awesome, the second time was a bit of a let down so I don't know if I'll bother. But it's the lad's birthday so I might see if he fancies it.

Saw Madness there, December 2019, before everything went to sh1te.

They were brilliant, and it is a fantastic venue as you say. Only 20mins from our house (in the middle of our street) as well :smiley: .
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    @elbowloh glad you're getting some answers now.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    edited August 2021

Stevo_666 said:

johngti said:

MattFalle said:

So does that mean we're all invited too?

What v said. And we’re too poor for Stevo to bother with. Shame because of course you’d be welcome!
    Looks like I've already won the Bottom Bracket popularity contest for today :smiley:
    Well I know how much you value winning :D

On an unrelated note I see the Specials are playing the Roundhouse in September, about £50 a pop. I've seen them twice, once was awesome, the second time was a bit of a let down so I don't know if I'll bother. But it's the lad's birthday so I might see if he fancies it.
    Not everything is worth winning :)

Next month is very likely house moving month so unlikely that I'd be going far for gigs or otherwise...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

johngti said:

MattFalle said:

What v said. And we’re too poor for Stevo to bother with. Shame because of course you’d be welcome!
    Looks like I've already won the Bottom Bracket popularity contest for today :smiley:
    well, its between you, the Taliban and that bastion of engineering masjer, so its not too difficult tbh.

shame that masjer came third though.
    What's a masjer when its at home? I have a feeling its some reference to Pinno...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • MattFalle
    edited August 2021
    It's the fella who had a barney with imposter over on john g-t's bung thread then got a bit Farage/Yaxley - Lennon with me.
  • MattFalle
    Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

johngti said:

MattFalle said:

well, its between you, the Taliban and that bastion of engineering masjer, so its not too difficult tbh.

What's a masjer when its at home? I have a feeling its some reference to Pinno...
    pinno is in the clear this time.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

johngti said:

MattFalle said:

Next month is very likely house moving month so unlikely that I'd be going far for gigs or otherwise...
    Jeez, that's quick isn't it?

So i assume the sellers agreed to reduce by the quoted cost to make the repairs?

Sorry if you posted about this elsewhere.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • MattFalle
    pppwwwoooaaarrrrr

• MattFalle
    210 bhp
  • MattFalle

• Stevo_666
    MattFalle said:

It's the fella who had a barney with imposter over on john g-t's bung thread then got a bit Farage/Yaxley - Lennon with me.

So if those are my competition I'll have to try harder?
  • Stevo_666
    elbowloh said:

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

johngti said:

MattFalle said:

So i assume the sellers agreed to reduce by the quoted cost to make the repairs?

You haven't missed anything Elbow.

We saw the house in early June so will be over 3 1/2 months start to finish if this goes to plan. Our buyers are not in a chain and neither are the sellers who have another house on the coast to live in, so it doesn't get much better than that in terms of chains. Sellers have just reduced their price after we showed them the report and contractors quotes for fixing some localised damp issues and a crappy flat roof.

We just need to sort out our buyers who are about to try and chip something off the price for various stuff, so might take a few days of to-ing and fro-ing.
  • MattFalle
    Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

tbh, your competition isn't really setting the bar too high are they....
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    MattFalle said:

This is for the "sensible car" :smiley:
    How much does your Aygo weigh?
  • MattFalle
    850 kg or one full suspension mtb
  • veronese68
    MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

They're both keen to win a race to the bottom.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Stevo_666 said:

elbowloh said:

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

johngti said:

MattFalle said:

We saw the house in early June so will be over 3 1/2 months start to finish if this goes to plan. Our buyers are not in a chain and neither are the sellers who have another house on the coast to live in, so it doesn't get much better than that in terms of chains. Sellers have just reduced their price after we showed them the report and contractors quotes for fixing some localised damp issues and a crappy flat roof.

We just need to sort out our buyers who are about to try and chip something off the price for various stuff, so might take a few days of to-ing and fro-ing.
    Hope it all goes smoothly!
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199

Cayman. Too big ^.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

johngti said:

MattFalle said:

pinno is in the clear this time.
    Phew! I shall however be posting some spesh enginerring type stuff on the Lego thread when I HAVE 5 MINUTES PEACE FFS..

...must get back to cooking dinner.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,321
    johngti said:

Stevo_666 said:

johngti said:

MattFalle said:

🤣🤣 sorry Stevo!!
    Never apologise to Stevo! 😕

Currently nursing a sore nose after pre return to Blighty test, think I git some brian matter on the test stick thing.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    elbowloh said:

Stevo_666 said:

elbowloh said:

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

johngti said:

MattFalle said:

Hope it all goes smoothly!
    Thanks Elbow.

I think we'll have to chuck them a fish (so to say) to do the deal but no big discounts. We know that they are keen though, so if they try to take the p1$$, we call their bluff.
  • Stevo_666

MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

Only if the bottom involved belongs to Jessica Ennis.
  • Stevo_666
    thistle_ said:

MattFalle said:

This is for the "sensible car" :smiley:
    How much does your Aygo weigh?
    The Slow and the Furious?
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,978
    Childish vuelta viewing with small people… Turd place… :D
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,978
    You can’t even say third in a Sean kelly accent??? Good god.

Try saying “city eye” as Sean Connery
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

Only if the bottom involved belongs to Jessica Ennis.
    Didn't mean you that time and those two dullards wouldn't have the sense to appreciate a nice aris' anyway.