monday sundering reality itself

'ning

in the past days there have been signs of great import, in the sky, the cheshire cat's smile and on the far cliffs of famara, the rare illusion known as the tabby's stripes

what new wonders shall be revealed riding in the scorchio
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Good luck Oxo

Hounds, work, then maybe a quick run followed by meeting some pals for a road ride
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    oxoman said:

Morning All. First day at new place so see how things go. Usual 1st day trepidation. Currently looking good outside weather wise.

Hopefully the bullies don’t single you out and nick your lunch money 👍 Good luck.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    WFH

Too wet here this morning for a "run".

My boss has done an Oxo (well, not quite the same) so I've lubed my shoulders in preparation. I might direct all enquiries to the head of the business unit seeing as they've had 3 months to find a replacement and haven't even advertised yet.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    thistle_ said:

WFH

Too wet here this morning for a "run".

My boss has done an Oxo (well, not quite the same) so I've lubed my shoulders in preparation. I might direct all enquiries to the head of the business unit seeing as they've had 3 months to find a replacement and haven't even advertised yet.

That's frustrating isn't it. Used to happen often at my last place too.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    Typical tired Monday, 4am finish on Sunday morning and back in the pub by 11 for a breakfast. Followed up by more beers whilst sorting the kids covid stuff for holiday.
    Followed by more beers & wine and a holiday booking round at a friends house.

Suffice to say an early night is in order.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, nice morning here ride finished in the dry for a change
    Good luck oxo , just make sure they don’t ask you to hold a couple of leads that’s connected to a 1000 v megger

Have a good day
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,161
    edited August 2021
    Hope the initiation rites aren't too tough Oxo.

Busying Monday despite meetings being thin on the ground. August is meant to be a quiet month for us but no sign of that so far. Better get some food sorted...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    edited August 2021

Morning, nice morning here ride finished in the dry for a change
    Good luck oxo , just make sure they don’t ask you to hold a couple of leads that’s connected to a 1000 v megger

Have a good day

Do you wear rubber boots for insulation or bare feet so the current has somewhere to go? That is the burning question.

"Alright darling? nice day at work? Why has your hair gone black?"
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Dull here.
    Trying to wangle a few hours under Porker #1 but Tricky was puking for Jockland yesterday and I didn't think it was a 2 person job looking after her.
    I'm going to say "i'll be in the garage and i'll have the mop and bucket at the ready" and see if that works.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Busy day of wfw and fending off stupid. Thankfully the boss is back so I'm batting a lot of it his way. Got rather moist wobbling in, hopefully my kit will be dry by 5.30 so it can get wet again. Hope all has gone well for Oxo and Pinno, I suspect Oxo had it easier than dealing with puking child and angry EPO. Hope all has gone well for everyone else as well I guess. Onwards and upwards...
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Gym gymed for the first time since May, so the records show. Back on those physio prescribed routines for the knackered sternoclavicular.

The curse of the rain jacket continues: take the jacket, won't rain - go without, get wet. Sun was out; 15 min walk to the gym, return walk get dumped upon. Bit like life really.... maybe I should compose some of those BBC radio "Thought for the Day"s.
  • pinno
    edited August 2021
    pinno said:

Dull here.
    Trying to wangle a few hours under Porker #1 but Tricky was puking for Jockland yesterday and I didn't think it was a 2 person job looking after her.
    I'm going to say "i'll be in the garage and i'll have the mop and bucket at the ready" and see if that works.

Tricky has bounced back today (ta) all be it on a banana and Yoghurt diet. Going to try some plain old vanilla ice cream on her soon, give her a bit of energy.
  • seanoconn

Cheers
  • seanoconn

not a bad view from the balcony overlooking the back garden.

Deer, pheasants and the occasional stork over the garden fence

• pinno
    oxoman said:

Cheers folks, survived day 1. So easy going I'm almost horizontal, should enjoy myself. Just discovered my manager is big by-cyclist and somebody else has same bike as me and is on same commute ride home. Result. Decent bike lockup as well.

Yep, result.
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

Cheers

Panama hat - ain't you posh.
  • seanoconn
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

Cheers

Trilby
  • pinno
    Oh I do beg your pardon.
    Shall I leave the Aston around the front for you sir?
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

seanoconn said:

Cheers

Trilby
    To stop your head getting burned?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

pinno said:

seanoconn said:

Cheers

Trilby
    Exactly!
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

pinno said:

seanoconn said:

Cheers

Trilby
    Exactly!
    You and Pinno have something in common :p
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman said:

What's that bald.😱😂

They get on so well :smiley:

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Well that was another wet one, I think it's been raining more often than not when wobbling to work lately. I'm sure I once read that with a half hour commute in London you'd only get rained on a dozen times in the average year. I think I've been rained on a dozen times in the last 10 communts. Unlike the slaphead brothers I could have used a hairdryer 😁