Suspension tweaks?

I've a full suss and topped-up the air a few weeks back, thought I was setting-it-up as per the manuals etc.
I've found when travelling over a lot of roots, the bike feels like it's banging into them and slowing down much quicker, rather than skipping across them. I'm getting most of the travel when doing drop-off's and it doesn't feel like I'm pogo'ing when pedalling...
In order to make it over the roots and rocks better (faster?) does this sound like I need more air, or more rebound?

Comments

• aidsowmb
    aidsowmb Posts: 26
    FWIW It's a Fox 34 up front and a Fox Float DPS rear
  • mully79
    mully79 Posts: 904
    If you purely want to plough over roots in comfort then less air and just enough rebound to control the extension.

Really, you should try to not plough roots in the first by unweighting the bike over them.
  • steve_sordy
    steve_sordy Posts: 2,446
    This should prove helpful.

https://bikerumor.com/2014/10/30/bikerumor-suspension-setup-series-full-series-pdf-free-download/

It is a guide to suspension setting by Bike Rumour. It will tell you all you need to know in easy steps. You can also find things on YouTube like "ten minute suspension set up" if you prefer to watch rather than read. The guide will tell you "why" as well as telling you "what".
  • steve_sordy
    steve_sordy Posts: 2,446
    By the way, don't forget tyre pressure. Tyre pressure can have a massive impact upon your ride, after all it is part of your suspension - along with your arms and legs.