friday firing fast flechettes ferociously

2»

Comments

• hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129

Evening folks,
    Fairly chill day with a *very long pub lunch with the EPO*. Don't worry thistle, as there was no tugging from 'loon you could pop round to Seano's for a consolation margarita.

All hostilities ceased?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328
    hopkinb said:

Evening folks,
    Fairly chill day with a *very long pub lunch with the EPO*. Don't worry thistle, as there was no tugging from 'loon you could pop round to Seano's for a consolation margarita.

All hostilities ceased?
    Think so, working on it at any rate.
  • hopkinb
    orraloon said:

MattFalle said:

orraloon said:

thistle_ said:

orraloon said:

Maybe even some more pulling of thistles.

Oh hello :kissing:

Is this a company giving back kind of thing or did you just fancy doing less day to day work?
    We used to do similar stuff at our place but it got stopped because it "wasn't a good use of our skills". Most people enjoyed doing it because it was a change from the day to day mundane stuff.
    Actually zero thistles tugged today. A day with the loppers working on the brambles / briar / blackthorn / hawthorn overhangs on footpaths and bridleways. Sig self interest as I use some of those ways on one of my regular pootle routes.

Not a company thing. Individual volunteers for a charitable trust which owns (thanks to the beneficence of the lovely guy who bought the lands) a big chunk of wildlife focused mixed landscapes and is open (bar the farmed bits) to Joe and Joanne Public. Plus the teams do maintenance work on wildlife areas for local councils, and even a power company.

I'm self employed and gradually winding down the number of work work days per week. I enjoy the work groups, good mix of people but with some common shared values, all working to the benefit of the local environment and local society.

(Off now to polish my halo 😇 and open a cold beer)
    thats all well and good, but any pictures of norks?
    Quite a lot of t1t on show today. GOAT? Or was it goat? For me to know. And no pics for the likes of this lot on here with flaming bog rolls up their arrises.
    Och, it's been a while since I stuck anything flaming between my butt cheeks, out with the nork pics!

COngrats on the the vol work orraloon, it always warms my cockles.

We on the road spent 2 weekends picking up litter/cr*p and planting lavender and wild flower seeds round the tree bases along the roadside, all coming up beautifully. No re-build up of crap/litter, or if there is, people are picking it up, neighbours know each other a bit better and say hello more, people water each other's under tree bases. It's nice, especially where you might not expect it in that London.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,360
    orraloon said:

thistle_ said:

orraloon said:

Is this a company giving back kind of thing or did you just fancy doing less day to day work?
    We used to do similar stuff at our place but it got stopped because it "wasn't a good use of our skills". Most people enjoyed doing it because it was a change from the day to day mundane stuff.
    Actually zero thistles tugged today. A day with the loppers working on the brambles / briar / blackthorn / hawthorn overhangs on footpaths and bridleways. Sig self interest as I use some of those ways on one of my regular pootle routes.

Not a company thing. Individual volunteers for a charitable trust which owns (thanks to the beneficence of the lovely guy who bought the lands) a big chunk of wildlife focused mixed landscapes and is open (bar the farmed bits) to Joe and Joanne Public. Plus the teams do maintenance work on wildlife areas for local councils, and even a power company.

I'm self employed and gradually winding down the number of work work days per week. I enjoy the work groups, good mix of people but with some common shared values, all working to the benefit of the local environment and local society.

What is the hedging plant that is currently in flower?
    It looks like Hawthorne except the flower is a wine/burgundy.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    hopkinb said:

orraloon said:

MattFalle said:

orraloon said:

thistle_ said:

orraloon said:

Quite a lot of t1t on show today. GOAT? Or was it goat? For me to know. And no pics for the likes of this lot on here with flaming bog rolls up their arrises.
    Och, it's been a while since I stuck anything flaming between my butt cheeks, out with the nork pics!

We on the road spent 2 weekends picking up litter/cr*p and planting lavender and wild flower seeds round the tree bases along the roadside, all coming up beautifully. No re-build up of censored /litter, or if there is, people are picking it up, neighbours know each other a bit better and say hello more, people water each other's under tree bases. It's nice, especially where you might not expect it in that London.
    Stevo never generated such cooperation. Perhaps that's why he's moving.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,692
    There are red hawthorn varieties. Not common in wild but often used in landscaping / domestic settings.
  • hopkinb
    pinno said:

hopkinb said:

orraloon said:

MattFalle said:

orraloon said:

thistle_ said:

orraloon said:

We on the road spent 2 weekends picking up litter/cr*p and planting lavender and wild flower seeds round the tree bases along the roadside, all coming up beautifully. No re-build up of censored /litter, or if there is, people are picking it up, neighbours know each other a bit better and say hello more, people water each other's under tree bases. It's nice, especially where you might not expect it in that London.
    Wasn't me, I just joined in.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,538
    seanoconn said:

Missus went to a funeral today 😞 I’ve bought the ingredients for some consolation margaritas and will offer my most comforting and sympathetic throbbing erection 😞😥

Is 'Maragrita' just a code word for Rohypnol? :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,538
    edited July 2021
    pinno said:

hopkinb said:

orraloon said:

MattFalle said:

orraloon said:

thistle_ said:

orraloon said:

I never tried TBH as if I did plant stuff on our verge the council mower blokes would just obliterate it anyway. I'll have enough garden to plant what I fancy anyway, if I CBA, that is, never been much of a Percy Thrower.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    edited July 2021
    orraloon said:

There are red hawthorn varieties. Not common in wild but often used in landscaping / domestic settings.

Thank you.
    Abundant along a 2 mile stretch here.