sunday sufferin' succotash

2»

Comments

• MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644

buy an Aygo. Get a tat of some Doris with massive norks.

Works for me.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    MattFalle said:

buy an Aygo. Get a tat of some Doris with massive norks.

Works for me.

Is the Doris in the tat draped over the front of an aygo
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459
    They sound quite good for a fun runabout.

Busy day of dog stuff, sorting stuff and paperwork. Had a bit of a lie in after last night's football fun.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674
    How many bikes can you fit in an Aygo?
  • MattFalle
    not sure - back seats down, wheels off, maybe, errrr, 1 at a push?
  • MattFalle
    would probably have to take the seat post out though.
  • MattFalle
    and its definitly not made for shggaing in either.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Bottle brush! I forgot seano did his a few days ago.

• hopkinb
    Proper British summer this. Cold, until the sun comes out, then it's humid as fcuk, then it p1sses it down. Then cold, humid, rinse and repeat.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674
    hopkinb said:

Proper British summer this. Cold, until the sun comes out, then it's humid as fcuk, then it p1sses it down. Then cold, humid, rinse and repeat.

BrexitBritain this is. We don't want any of that furrin sun stuff, comin' over 'ere, makin' it hot, givin' us sunburn or worse turnin' us brown...
  • hopkinb
    orraloon said:

hopkinb said:

BrexitBritain this is. We don't want any of that furrin sun stuff, comin' over 'ere, makin' it hot, givin' us sunburn or worse turnin' us brown...
    Turns me pink. I'm a heat loving shade hugger. Gimme 35 degrees of dry heat, a crystal blue sea, and a tree or parasol, plus a couple of crosswords. Maybe a stand up paddle board or kayak with the kids. I'm happy. For about 3 hours, then I'm off exploring in the car. Churches, galleries, museums, small towns with a nice little spot for a coffee.

One of the best memories was when mini was tiny and boy was little. We got a bit lost in NE lanzarote after visiting jameos del agua. Saw a tiny hamlet with a restaurant. Fresh grilled fish with those lovely salty spuds with the red and green mojos. Big love for the kids, tiny bill, big tip.

Miss travelling.
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Migraine all day. Had a ton of work planned too
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,522
    hopkinb said:

Suffering succotash. Sylvester or Daffy, or both?

both, but sylvester did it best

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BDnWMwkf6g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkhPuH8G5Hg
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • MattFalle
    johngti said:

Migraine all day. Had a ton of work planned too

You want an Aygo you do.
  • hopkinb
    sungod said:

hopkinb said:

Suffering succotash. Sylvester or Daffy, or both?

both, but sylvester did it best

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BDnWMwkf6g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkhPuH8G5Hg
    Agreed. Sylvester wins!
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Just booked our cottage for Wales in (just under) a couple of weeks. Already had the time set aside, but only just decided and found somewhere to go. Not far from Canaervon, in Snowdonia National Park. Nice rural location, 15 minutes from a sandy beach. Will be doing train rides, beaches, castles and eating food whilst chasing two year old around. 4 month old is a little angel won't be any trouble.

So looking forward to getting away for a bit.

#needthis
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,144
    edited July 2021
    Hired an aygo for work a while ago and it was terrible: boring and really slow.
    Someone on here convinced me to try another and the first must have been a duffer because the newer one was much better.

Not much to report. Spent the morning trying to clean the smell of fags off some second hand electronic kit but to no avail.
    Went out for a short ride up the hill, although the ride up turned into a push which turned into a bit of a Looney tunes moment because the tarmac was so slimy and polished. Went down a different, slightly grippier route.
  • hopkinb
    That was my childhood holiday. Except we got marched up the hills and my brother inevitably joined another family on the beach, prompting much heartache from my mother, indifference from my father, and a slight hope from my side, that I would get his share of that seaside rock stuff.

Pwllheli is lovely. Harlech Castle, caernarfon obviously. Barmouth and Twywn beaches. Dolgellau falls, Blaenau Ffestiniog railway, there's some slate mines too. Portmeirion.

All lovely. But wet.
  • elbowloh
    hopkinb said:

That was my childhood holiday. Except we got marched up the hills and my brother inevitably joined another family on the beach, prompting much heartache from my mother, indifference from my father, and a slight hope from my side, that I would get his share of that seaside rock stuff.

Pwllheli is lovely. Harlech Castle, caernarfon obviously. Barmouth and Twywn beaches. Dolgellau falls, Blaenau Ffestiniog railway, there's some slate mines too. Portmeirion.

All lovely. But wet.

Never quite been that far up before. First 3 times I went to Wales were volunteering, setting up campsites for inner city Brummie kids, many of whom had never left Brum before, let alone been on holiday and had to be referred for this holiday by their social workers. It was all done in a farmer's field near Twywn. It was run by an colleague of mine who was ex-forces who got them doing kayaking, archery, hiking etc.

I've only ever actually been on holiday once before in Wales and that was 4 years ago in Llangrannog. Was great though!
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • elbowloh
    Forgot to say, we'll definitely be doing Ffestiniog railway as that was my wife's childhood holiday. Her dad is a railway nut, still volunteers at the Kempton railway, but for many years was involved in the Ffestiniog railway and was even their president for a bit I think.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,321
    If you can fit a bike rack on one of these, you can fit it to an Aygo.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!