thursday transforming tensors like tensors

2»

Comments

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,689
    I started school at 4 1/2 yo. I never got walked to or collected from school. Character forming. Mr Independent Self-sufficient here.

Alt scenario witnessed today. Mum taking daughter back from primary school by electric scooter, the pair of them on board, on the pavement of course for safety reasons etc.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,410
    orraloon said:

I started school at 4 1/2 yo. I never got walked to or collected from school. Character forming. Mr Independent Self-sufficient here.

Alt scenario witnessed today. Mum taking daughter back from primary school by electric scooter, the pair of them on board, on the pavement of course for safety reasons etc.

Homeschool?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,689
    The first primary school I went to for only a few weeks until the family moved to a different town (why? maybe parents wanted me out of the house asap) was a significant walk. I remember a few years back driving through and realising the distance from the hamlet to the school was significant, a good 3/4 mile. Hey I was 4. Wassa problem?
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ben6899 said:

Lads, I spent too much on some wheels apparently! 🤣

i saw that. i'd ignore him if I were you - he sounds, well, you know.....
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ben6899 said:

seanoconn said:

Forgot to collect my son from school. He was not impressed. Daddy doghouse 😔

Oof.
    Don't worry - I once left the dog down the beach and went home and had dinner.

At least your son had a 'phone - the Hound doesn't even have opposible thumbs to use a call box....
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,410
    My bottlebrush is out

Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Oooh. I'll take a pic of ours tomorrow. All the little songbirds hop about in it, and we have a feeder next to it. It's a little avian haven.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,324
    Evening folks,
    Utterly knackered, feels like I spent most of the day with an elderly toddler. Took the old dear to a funeral, I don't think she stopped talking at me the wohle day, I have no idea what she said. Then took the very long suffering and the kids out for a meal this evening. Thai food at a place called Giggling Squid, very good, reasonably priced and big portions. Even the lad was full.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078

Evening folks,
    Utterly knackered, feels like I spent most of the day with an elderly toddler. Took the old dear to a funeral, I don't think she stopped talking at me the wohle day, I have no idea what she said. Then took the very long suffering and the kids out for a meal this evening. Thai food at a place called Giggling Squid, very good, reasonably priced and big portions. Even the lad was full.

Giggling Squid is a small chain, there's one in Reigate (went there on my 30th birthday) and one in Guildford for sure that i've also been to, might be one or two others also? Yeah its pretty good.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,019
    tlw1 said:

Nice wheels GTi

HD wins the day based upon pictures posted

And lost it a few hours later with an utterly shocking 10km run. Jelly legs appeared exactly the same as the recent tri.

Any tips on curing this from more experienced peeps would be appreciated.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,324

tlw1 said:

Nice wheels GTi

And lost it a few hours later with an utterly shocking 10km run. Jelly legs appeared exactly the same as the recent tri.

Easy fix, don't run 😁
    Where should I send the bill for my consultation fee?
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,870

tlw1 said:

Nice wheels GTi

Buy a new bike?

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,551
    johngti said:

pm'd you about kask pads
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087

tlw1 said:

Nice wheels GTi

It’s something you need to practice. So a couple of times a week go for a run as soon as you get off the bike. Just do 2 or 3 miles, use the first mile to gradually get up to your running pace.
    There is lots of talk these days about having your saddle forward so that you are riding in position that’s more like running. Then you don’t feel so fatigued on the run.
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    sungod said:

johngti said:

pm'd you about kask pads
    👍🏻
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,347
    sungod said:

johngti said:

pm'd you about kask pads
    You don't do PM's. Is the window open?